The Real Deadline

'MrBlais' said:
I'm just really excited to get my hands on this OP. Everyone I have talked to doesn't have a clue it exists.

Early-mid summer sounds feasible, right?
I think the correct response would be "when it's good and ready."

I've been following OP for months, and unfortunately it's production time has taken longer than anyone expected, both client and developer wide. Snags, delays, manufacturer faults, it's all there. What strikes me as absolutley mindboggling is the fact the devs have kept their resolve. Kudos to them!

As I said, we don't want an unfinished product, so it's for the best that they are taking their time with the thing. It's come a long way, and if I could offer anything in terms of suppport for the handheld, I'd be there. I suppose my money is support enough =]

When it's good and ready, it will be done. And then the hills will cry out with yells of ecstacy of nerd across the world.

Keep pushin', devs.

Last edited by a moderator:
mmmmz i may have the money to pay at 12, 13 or 14 march. i sold and saved me some money becouse i really want a pandora.

Now i need to hope, that the selling starts about 4 or 5 march. becouse we have about 10 days to pay right? and does that include the about 7 days before a transfer to a other country is complete?

Hello im new to these forums and im confused about a few few things at the moment. First of all is there any indication of when the Pandora will be shipped or if it is still in the development process. Im really interested in this device, but I really want to get some concrete information before I drop 426 USD. Also, which forum or site should I monitor for most recent information I was looking at the boards on http://forum.openpandora.org but some people are saying it is not being moderated much anymore.

It is in the later stages of development. OpenPandora is currently waiting for one altered piece before the cases can be mass produced.

But we are definitely at the last stages of having completed units shipping. Obviously, they can not give a definite shipping date but expect Late April at the earliest.

Nik1: You're in the right forum. The forums on openpandora.org were hastily set up when this site suffered a crash during preorders. The scene lives here. :)

It concerns me that there are still new users appearing over there. Those forums need to be closed imo. There are people visiting there getting the impression that this is a dead project.

For daily news updates, keep an eye on:CODE
http://openpandora.wordpress.com/

It's an unofficial blog run by a few of us in here. Most new posts will link back to these forums so you can follow the discussions.

'Gruso' said:
It concerns me that there are still new users appearing over there. Those forums need to be closed imo. There are people visiting there getting the impression that this is a dead project.
No kidding. the outdated information on the home page is not helpful either. If they are not going to maintain it or give administrative access to someone else to maintain it, they need to take the outdated information down and point folks to the forum.

'lingenfr' said:
'Gruso' said:
No kidding. the outdated information on the home page is not helpful either. If they are not going to maintain it or give administrative access to someone else to maintain it, they need to take the outdated information down and point folks to the forum.

Part of the problem is that the tab for forums on some pages (well, the main page anyway, I didn't check them all) takes you to a page with the option for either forums. The forums tab on the blog page takes you here.

Usually, a site is designed so that things like section tabs use some sort of universal reference, so tabs work the same regardless of which tab you are on. Apparently not so for the Open Pandora site. I IM'd Chip that Craig might want to look into it. Perhaps he is just too busy,

'BackAssward' said:
Part of the problem is that the tab for forums on some pages (well, the main page anyway, I didn't check them all) takes you to a page with the option for either forums. The forums tab on the blog page takes you here.
Yes that is what got me to the wrong forum in the first place. I was checking both until Tor and others began posting incessant messages for folks to go back to the original forum.

'ninjaturtle' said:
We can only accept payment via bank transfer, check or money order at this time.

:(

I would buy one if I could AmeXp.
Yeah, I know how you feel =(. I'm hoping by second batch they will accept credit cards. I'm sure they would be doing so much better. From an older post of me asking though (http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=47125) doesn't seem like its going to be any time soon. I did notice however that GP2xstore.com has a section for pandora (not working yet). Not sure if its something different or it is the OpenPandora. I really wish I could pay via paypal or something.

Pandora = OpenPandora. :) The console is just called Pandora. OpenPandora Ltd is the company.

And yeah, fingers crossed for CC/Paypal ordering for the second batch. I think the Pandora team want it as much as anyone else. I'm guessing that those payment methods will be available through distributors like gp2xstore when they have stock - but I don't know for sure.

Last email I received dates back from december and says:

We'll send you the link to re-order by credit/debit card as soon as the page is online. Should be in the next few days.

I waited for the next few days, then checked openpandora forums where I learned it was delayed until furhter notice and after a while got tired of checking on a regular basis and thought I would be notifed by email as stated, but still checked the website for update now and then.
I just thought that for some reason the cc link was delayed (maybe related to the manufacturing delays).

And tonight, I just learned that there's an unofficial blog, went there for the first and was shocked to learn that I was on the verge to lose my pre-order because I didn't repay.

The least you could do would be to send an email to those concerned by the "repay now or lose your pre-order " and put a vivible post about this on the home page of the official website.

Anyways, I don't want to lose my pre-order, so please tell me how can I repay my pre-order by credit card ?

'akilam' said:
The least you could do would be to send an email to those concerned by the "repay now or lose your pre-order " and put a vivible post about this on the home page of the official website.
Don't know why you didn't get one, but I sure did. Got an email on January 30th to the effect of how I can reorder without a credit card.

Anyways, I don't want to lose my pre-order, so please tell me how can I repay my pre-order by credit card ?
Long story short, you can't. Their bank balked at the risk of 1.5 million dollars US via credit card on a startup (1.5 million that the bank would be liable for if the Pandora suddenly went under) so they're only taking bank transfers and money orders. See other threads below this one for details.
Short story long: anything by Dickens.

Short story long, you can. I used a paypal account to transfer $380 from my credit card to a different paypal account, then I transfered that to my bank account, withdrew it, and got a money order. It's possible..

@fischju2000

I'm pretty sure that would be considered fraud with paypal.

creative, but I feel like it totally bypasses the reason people want to use a credit card: the ease with which it can be done; and more important, the security backed by the credit card company.

Back