Gp3x, Saw It On Engaget...

I wouldn't call a 533MHz ARM9 CPU connected to a OpenGL ES 1.1 GPU low-end.

Low-end would be something like a 500MHz Blackfin connected to a ~! raster accelerating 2D card.

At 1.33 Million polygons a second, it's 33% more than you would expect on a midrange smartphone.

http://www.mesdigital.com/Products/product_pollux.asp

Sure, it's way more than half the speed of Pandora, but that's comparing the the ultra high end.

The power is more than enough for such a small device. It'll still play Quake3, which is more than enough 3D for such a tiny screen.

Either way, we will have to wait and see, but I wouldn't get your hopes up for a significant price drop.

I'm not saying that a low price has to happen for them to succeed, but it would be a smart move, IMO, especially if the Gizmondo relaunches at the $99 price point that it's slated to go on sale for.

CronoTriggerfan said:
I'm not saying that a low price has to happen for them to succeed, but it would be a smart move, IMO, especially if the Gizmondo relaunches at the $99 price point that it's slated to go on sale for.
Gizmondo, lol.

Let's cross our fingers that MES reduce the price from the MMSP and GPH pass on that saving.

But GPH will be aware that they won't sell as many units this time with Pandora taking a chunk of the market, so they can't reduce their unit margin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly, ChronoTriggerFan, you came into the GP world far later than me as it was likely I that brought the idea over the Benheck.com in the first place.

Secondly, I have no wish to argue with you about anything and I have no reason to justify it to you but I know more about GPH's new system than I do for reasons that i cannot disclose. You can believe me or not but I am sure that the hardware will be more than capable of producing some excellent homebrew games and will have an acceptable price tag.

Thirdly, throughout your entire post (and especially in the economy part) you are just being an extreme elitist. Infact, you seem to think you are an expert on the new GPH system when all you know is that its based on the MES pollux SoC. I used to be elitist like this but i've grown up a bit so I have no wish to argue with you anymore.

Therefore, to avoid further argument I agree with whatever you say. Whatever you say is exactly right and what everyone else (especially myself) says is entirely wrong. You win and I give up so congratulations :).

Peter R said:
Firstly, ChronoTriggerFan, you came into the GP world far later than me as it was likely I that brought the idea over the Benheck.com in the first place.

Secondly, I have no wish to argue with you about anything and I have no reason to justify it to you but I know more about GPH's new system than I do for reasons that i cannot disclose. You can believe me or not but I am sure that the hardware will be more than capable of producing some excellent homebrew games and will have an acceptable price tag.

Thirdly, throughout your entire post (and especially in the economy part) you are just being an extreme elitist. Infact, you seem to think you are an expert on the new GPH system when all you know is that its based on the MES pollux SoC. I used to be elitist like this but i've grown up a bit so I have no wish to argue with you anymore.

Therefore, to avoid further argument I agree with whatever you say. Whatever you say is exactly right and what everyone else (especially myself) says is entirely wrong. You win and I give up so congratulations :).
This is the Spam I know and love.

Peter R said:
Firstly, ChronoTriggerFan, you came into the GP world far later than me...

...I used to be elitist
:rolleyes:

the gp3x will retail for 599 us dollars and emulate the ps2.
i know because i made it.

chad78 said:
I like Cheese....
---

Now *THAT* post had nothing to do with the post in front of it.
:D

Have you voted? It's your constitutional right.

Nova said:
Peter R said:
Firstly, ChronoTriggerFan, you came into the GP world far later than me...

...I used to be elitist
:rolleyes:

I was just thinking the exact same thing. Coupled with the fact that Petie here seems to be too good to prove his worth on the matter to the rest of us, I'd say it's the pot calling the kettle black. I'm no elitist. Arrogant? Sure as hell am. But not an elitist.

I also don't like being told point-blank that I'm wrong on a matter of opinion, especially when it's an opinion on a situation that currently doesn't exist. Look, I have no reason to doubt that Peter doesn't have some sort of insider knowledge or what have you. But does that make my take on what the GP3x could be incorrect? No.

Eh, he told me I won the argument, so I guess that's all I really give a damn about, anyways. +1 :lol:

nickspoon said:
This is the Spam I know and love.
Na, i'm a bit more watered down. No personal insults and I give up on the argument by default after two posts now. Remember people, the internet is serious business!

CronoTriggerfan said:
I was just thinking the exact same thing. Coupled with the fact that Petie here seems to be too good to prove his worth on the matter to the rest of us, I'd say it's the pot calling the kettle black. I'm no elitist. Arrogant? Sure as hell am. But not an elitist.

If I have inside information on the GPH console then it's secret, is it not? If it's a secret then i'm not at liberty to discuss the information that I have really - make of this what you will.

And about the time coming into the GP community I may well be mistaken but I think I have been around longer than you. I'm basing this assumption on our join dates here and that when I joined BenHeck.com under a different name a long time back I don't think you had any sort of GP console. Again, I iterate I may be mistaken. Jesus, stop taking petty matters on the internet so seriously :blink: - I don't really care what price the "Wiz" retails at as it will certainly be less than the Pandora.

Back