GPD Pocket ready for preorder :)

I had the GPD Win and it was a nice plaything for a while. But I had so many issues I had to do a complete reinstall and fiddle with settings for weeks.
SO it did not feel like an advantage over Linux.

But for me which made me sell mine was issues with my SD Card losing data packages on write which seems to be driver or HW related.

Feels to me it is one of those devices, which are build to be obsolete within 2 years or so and you update to GPD Win 2.

Also not modular as well, and getting freaky hot even after I modded the heatsink.

So my summary is: Nice plaything, really cool wow factor when you load up the first full blown windows games. But then it becomes more and more like a device that is missing modularity, has not enough hdd space and no way to upgrade but USB or bugged microSD.

TL;DR: I rather wait on the Pyra :)

I had the GPD Win and it was a nice plaything for a while. But I had so many issues I had to do a complete reinstall and fiddle with settings for weeks.
SO it did not feel like an advantage over Linux.

But for me which made me sell mine was issues with my SD Card losing data packages on write which seems to be driver or HW related.

Feels to me it is one of those devices, which are build to be obsolete within 2 years or so and you update to GPD Win 2.

Also not modular as well, and getting freaky hot even after I modded the heatsink.

So my summary is: Nice plaything, really cool wow factor when you load up the first full blown windows games. But then it becomes more and more like a device that is missing modularity, has not enough hdd space and no way to upgrade but USB or bugged microSD.

TL;DR: I rather wait on the Pyra :)

Are you aware this is a thread on the GPD Pocket?

Yepp, but there more than one post talking about the Win. And it is still GPD doing the pocket.
Also the same Cherry Trail Soc.

I have no problems playing Starcraft, Goat Simulator and Skyrim on my GPD Pocket. In fact, its surprisingly well performing ..

You're still going to port me FMN though right? ;)

Not if I don't have a Pyra! However, I'm fairly certain I'll be able to make the source code available to any interested parties. The Pandora version was quite special :)

What is the current state of Linux drivers for it? What Linux distribution would be the best to use? Pondering if I need this before Pyra comes out... ANd I don't feel like spending lot of time configuring it...

Back