GPD Pocket

So basically a 10-15% price reduction if you pre-order. How are repairs handled? 1 year of warranty and shipping costs for the customer probably ? Haven't seen anything mentioning repairs on Indiegogo.

ED is selling GPD Win as well but way more expensive than geekbuying (even if it is shipped from Spain). Difference is more than 75€ - so I assume he is expecting repairs and returns and is already including those costs.

BTW - anyone willing to sacrifice the USB port of the GPD Pocket can add a micro usb card port by using a very small usb card reader like this or this

[edit] Hmm.. now I think of it.. you are not really adding a micro sd port, you can't replace the sd card while it is plugged in.

Last edited:
Bob, were you logged when you checked the price in Ed's shop? Depending on where you order the goods from, some taxes got cut off, the price is with the full vat

I'm tempted - but what I'd really like is a gpd win with gaming controls at 7in.

With the onset of middle age (where are those mini violins...?) i really appreciate the extra screen size of the win vs pandora (and the only thing that worries me about the Pyra is that the Pyra screen is smaller than Win).

A Pyra (or Win) XL is really what I'd like....
[doublepost=1487426624,1487426409][/doublepost]
ED is selling GPD Win as well but way more expensive than geekbuying (even if it is shipped from Spain). Difference is more than 75€ - so I assume he is expecting repairs and returns and is already including those costs.

I ordered first from geekbuying (as at the time Ed didn't have any) but after 2 months canceled and ordered from Ed and had it in my hands in 2 days. So yes, he is more expensive but you actually get it (and quickly). Mine has been very reliable, but not everyone has been so lucky and getting a return via China has been tortuous for many. I'd advise paying the extra via Ed - you'll kick yourself if you don't and there is a warranty issue or it takes ages to arrive. Plus you get to indirectly support the Pyra.

Bob, were you logged when you checked the price in Ed's shop? Depending on where you order the goods from, some taxes got cut off, the price is with the full vat

Well, not logged in but I assume it could check my IP address location so you might be correct that ED adds the VAT and Geekbuying doesn't. I am from the Netherlands so buying stuff from Germany or Spain (warehouse geekbuying GPD Win can be shipped from Spain) should usually be shipped without additional VAT but certainly no custom duty.
[doublepost=1487426950,1487426703][/doublepost]
Mine has been very reliable, but not everyone has been so lucky and getting a return via China has been tortuous for many. I'd advise paying the extra via Ed - you'll kick yourself if you don't and there is a warranty issue or it takes ages to arrive. Plus you get to indirectly support the Pyra.

Yes - if he sells them, price is right and has them on stock when I want them I certainly prefer to buy them from him.

@b_o_b I got the Win on Indiegogo and am getting Video crashes and best I can tell is I could order a repair kit and install it myself. I may have been able to do that as little as 10 years ago but not today so appear to be SOL.

@TheOldOne I'm pretty sure ED said he can do the fix for minimal price, even if you did not ordered it in his shop...

Well it seems the campaign is doing realy well , it's only 4-5 days into the campaign, still another 55 days remaining and they raised so far:

$1,250,111 USD raised by 3046 backers

625% of $200,000
fixed goal

I must admit , I thought it would do just ok, probably not as good as the GPD WIN . Not only has it decimated what the WIN achieved ~ $535k in it's 60 day campaign, it is also now entering what must be one of the top 100 crowdfunding campaigns ever on Indiegogo. Actually I just looked it up, it's currently sitting at 108 in the list of most funded campaigns ever.

Last edited:
That's quite amazing. Who knows how many more backers they can get IF THEY WOULD JUST ADD SD CARD SLOT.

That's quite amazing. Who knows how many more backers they can get IF THEY WOULD JUST ADD SD CARD SLOT.
Just got to keep asking for it in the Indiegogo campaign comments section. :)

Have you backed it?

I'm tempted; or I might just wait until there's a UK/European reseller after production. Very tempted to get one either way

Early protoype photo of the GPD Pocket. Still a number of things in flux including the color of the cursor nub

c1.iggcdn.com/indiegogo-media-prod-cld/image/upload/c_limit,w_620/v1487844984/ljdafmjaj0qtv0yuu5hd.jpg

ljdafmjaj0qtv0yuu5hd.jpg

I know it doesn't matter, but I like that green on it.

I would like to try out one of these someday to see how it works for typing and mousing.

Does the split space bar actually work as two separate keys (sending different key codes) or is it only recognized as one key (both keys sending the same key code)?
If it's two key codes, then one could be reassigned to some other missing key if the user prefers that over a larger space bar.

I'm not sure what keys I need from that keyboard are missing, but assuming they're keys like: ~, } or e-acute - do you really want one of those keys almost in the middle of the bottom row of the keyboard, on one of the largest keys available?

It looks to me like the GPD pocket keyboard, just like the GPD win keyboard, is modeled after a 101/104 key keyboard, making it incompatible with all layouts using 102/105 keyboards, right?

I'm not sure what keys I need from that keyboard are missing, but assuming they're keys like: ~, } or e-acute - do you really want one of those keys almost in the middle of the bottom row of the keyboard, on one of the largest keys available?
If it's a frequently-used key, then yes, I'd prefer it on a large key in the middle over not having it at all or having to use some key combination.
This is especially true, if that key is used to create combinations. I for one would put Super_R on this key, because I'd like to run VBox on this machine and Super_R is usually my Host key, which I use quite often, especially on such a small display that almost forces one to run VMs in full screen mode.

But without a 2nd I/O board this talk is all just theory, at least on my side.

I have to say it - this community could design a much better keyboard layout for that.

I have to say it - this community could design a much better keyboard layout for that.

Actually members here did design the layout, namely Saber. That said , I think it's ok, seems reasonable given the restraints

What's that white button top right do? I guess it might be the power button, but it's odd there without a logo on it.

Edit: I think it's a quite reasonable layout for anglophones at least. I'd like tab to be a proper key, but at least it's there, and having the quotes key down there seems odd, but it's a better layout than the Pandora one at least. I like that's it's got a proper pipe/backslash key, which I had to map and shunt tilde off the main keyboard on this laptop here. Whether the Pyra layout will be better remains to be seen

Back