GPD WIN 2

I feel like there should be some Dr. Evil "ONE MILLION DOLLARS" meme for this situation, but I'm too lazy to find or create it.

I wish people would give me that much in a single day.

I feel like there should be some Dr. Evil "ONE MILLION DOLLARS" meme for this situation, but I'm too lazy to find or create it.
100-billion.jpg

I hope, the Pyra will get that intense media coverage. And nice Renderings like this:

pam3ympd0lv6dtzghysr.jpg

:cool:

Edit:
"The most powerful handheld ever, the appearance design was developed by a German Red Dot Award winning team."
Didn't knew, the design team was german. They should have had an eye on the Pyra design imho. ;)

I hope, the Pyra will get that intense media coverage.
If there is an intense media coverage, it will be full of negativity, saying it doesn't run Steam, has an outdated SoC, is bulky, too expensive. They will say the Win2 is better, a laptop is cheaper and a Switch as well. You can quote me.

It’s great to have the whole Steam Library on the go, but in my case, there wherent much games:
(HL2, Portal 1-2, Gothic 1 -4 , Rocksmith, Terraria, Retro City Rampage) but not that great on the go..
on my Pandora I have lots of Emulators whit Savestate features, and they work out of the box whit the Pandora Game Controller

If there is an intense media coverage, it will be full of negativity, saying it doesn't run Steam, has an outdated SoC, is bulky, too expensive. They will say the Win2 is better, a laptop is cheaper and a Switch as well. You can quote me.
Ok, quoted.

But I also agree with you, I am fairly confident that exactly this will happen.

Yep, it happened with the Pandora and the Pyra has more competition.

I feel the same... I wasn't so loud with the Pyra as I was with the Pandora in the past... (still there are people around who says it's a cheap clone of the nintendo ds... I don't even know how to formulate a phrase to give a response they will listen...)

It is something that should be advertised by following specific channels, where the right types of people could be reached.

I've been wandering around the far reaches of IRC, and they're already saying this. >_>

Well, mostly just the outdated and expensive parts.

I'd say the media coverage so far for the WIN2 has been mediocre. A few sites picked up the story and now it's fizzled to almost nothing

Some sites have even been ridiculous in their preview. I suppose thats the case for niche devices generally.

Pretty much the same sites that ran stories on the PYRA have run stories on the WIN 2. Main ones being Theverge and Liliputing

Last edited:
You mean a nice rendering like this? :
Note, I couldn't figure out how to link an image directly from the pyra cloud account, so I had to download it and upload it to imgur.

Is anyone else mildly annoyed when exploded renderings have layers flipped, in the wrong order, rotated incorrectly, parts missing, etc?

Win2 rendering - layers are rotated 180* off of reality, layers in the wrong order, system boards missing, cooling system & fan missing, screws missing, etc...

Pyra rendering - screen layer is flipped and in the wrong order, gel caps missing, gel caps are melded onto the keymat prior to assembly so should not be their own layer, system boards missing, screws missing, etc...

But yes, they are pretty pictures.

The only thing I noticed that was wrong on that pyra explosion is that the PCB there is represented as black plastic, whereas it should probably be green. I did notice the screen, but I assume it's probably shown in reverse as if the LCD were viewable from behind (while of course it isn't) - but I can't read the text on it so I can't be sure. The CPU board would likely be obscured by the peripheral board at that angle unless it were unnecessarily separated; but the display PCB is missing I'd say. Not sure what you mean by the gel caps - caps for the game buttons and the top row near the hinge are possibly there but obscured by the LCD panel. I don't mind them being highlighted like that - they aren't part of the rubber mould, so at some point they are added to the keymat.

Edit: But yeah, that GPD Win 2 one does look a bit weird now you mention it. I guess they rotated those parts because they'd decided on the perspective already but preffered to show the cutout for the d-pad and so on. Bit wierd that the keyboard is outside of the case too, and doesn't show the lugs and things you'd need to hold it in the case, meaning this is likely an artwork to show off the rough outline, but not actually made out of the real model data.

I would not be that negative. However, Pyra should get some acceleration in release efforts with all that competition. It will not get better as longer as it takes, sadly.

You mean a nice rendering like this?
Note, I couldn't figure out how to link an image directly from the pyra cloud account, so I had to download it and upload it to imgur.
Exactly. :D Nice one.

Is anyone else mildly annoyed when exploded renderings have layers flipped, in the wrong order, rotated incorrectly, parts missing, etc?
No, because nobody expects an accurate technical exploded view drawing. It's just for the advertising ;)

Last edited:
I backed the campaign (and sold the Win1 at the same time)

I expext the Win2 doing certain things better than the Win1 did. In my opinion the Win1 had 3 major problems:

1. The Atom processor was not powerful enough to guarantee a satisfying Windows 10 performance.
2. The screen was a bit too small for Windows (not for gaming but for the rest)
3. The keyboard was not good enough for my purposes.

Regarding all 3 problems I expect a big step forward with the win 2.

Personally, I will also order a Pyra (and I even backed the SmachZ) - in the end, of course I only need one. Both have its advantages and disadvantages. Regarding keyboard usability and emulation convenience I think the Pyra will be superior. But Windows has a lot of advantages regarding gaming as well. Lets see.

Just received a new laptop from work with a kaby lake chip (i5 7300u) which should be slightly more powerful than the Win2's chip : same generation, same amount of cores/threads, intel HD620, allowance of 15W. I couldn't get Rocket League to run well enough in 720p. Had a good session in 400*300. This makes me think I shouldn't expect to have good recent Windows gaming with even the best of Intel mobile chip in this year. Unless something is very wrong with my laptop. I'll try updating the gpu drivers if I find a way.

Just received a new laptop from work with a kaby lake chip (i5 7300u) which should be slightly more powerful than the Win2's chip : same generation, same amount of cores/threads, intel HD620, allowance of 15W. I couldn't get Rocket League to run well enough in 720p. Had a good session in 400*300. This makes me think I shouldn't expect to have good recent Windows gaming with even the best of Intel mobile chip in this year. Unless something is very wrong with my laptop. I'll try updating the gpu drivers if I find a way.
Weird

Here Phawx playing Rocket League on the GPD WIN 2 :

Envoyé de mon 6039Y en utilisant Tapatalk

Back