GPD XD +

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
GPD have gone through various plans for a GPD XD 2, from a 360 degree hinge design to a slider design. It seems for now, GPD is planning to release a XD + which will just be an upgraded GPD. A full new XD 2 product may come some time later , perhaps next year - plans are on ice for it so to speak.

The XD + is in prototype stage and is being tested . Expected launch is early next year.

Apparently this new update was sparked by Rockchip not selling the RK3288 anymore, which powers the current XD

Specs leaked so far are:

MTK8176 (hexa core) - It has 2 fast Cortex-A72 CPU cores running at up to 2.1 GHz and four Cortex-A53 cores
4 GB RAM
32 EMMC - probably different size options as with the current XD
Android Nougat
Bluetooth
WiFi
uSD slot
Clamshell as per the current XD

Last edited:

DougOnEarth

Sounds awesome. Looks like it will be at lease twice as fast as the current version.

Garrett

Advanced Member
Thanks for the heads up, but I don't think I'll be availing myself anytime soon.. afaic mobile chipsets need significant power/battery life improvement before I part with my hard earned (& that includes the Switch's X1)

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
Apparently the XD + will be released for sale early next year- possibly January.

crazyhorse

GPD has reported that they have Vulkan working on a new firmware and they will send it to phawx soon. He will start testing again after that and report back.

Sounds interesting.