GPD WIN 2

If you ever attempted to charge it with a charger other than the included charger (or PD 12v charger) there has been reports that it messes with the internal power circuit

Whereas with the Pocket, you get the opposite effect if you use the supplied charger... :D

I just love how they can't get this right!

Nevermind, I screwed it. I forgot about that PD stuff. Works fine now with the original charger. Must have used the wrong one before. Well, since I also own a GPD Win 1 and a GPD Pocket as well this can happen I guess.
Thanks for your help and have a nice Weekend all of u.

Just curious, has anyone been able to find an explanation as to why the Dolphin emmulator isn't able to utilize Vulkan? PPSSPP seems to run beautiful with it. I have tried searching for more info but don't seem to be having any luck stumbling upon the topic.

Just curious, has anyone been able to find an explanation as to why the Dolphin emmulator isn't able to utilize Vulkan? PPSSPP seems to run beautiful with it. I have tried searching for more info but don't seem to be having any luck stumbling upon the topic.
I think Dolphin vulkan drivers are still in beta version compared to the one on ppsspp on which one the dev have worked a lot on.

Envoyé de mon G8441 en utilisant Tapatalk

I have yet to read most of the posts in this thread, but as a direct reply to the main topic, I hope this isn't a problem; please let me know if I'm breaking some kind of rule.

I did manage to get my Vufine+ and Twiddler 3 working with my GPD Win 2, which I preordered from gpdgaming.com; I have a wearable computer now.

I want to list the problems the GPD WIN 2 causes for me, and explain why I would not like it if any of them were fixed except for two; I love the device, but it has issues...

The biggest issue is the lack of a neck/wrist tether mount; I want my device to be safe from drops; someone should make a case in which it can be used that I can attach a strap to.

The second biggest issue is the 90 degree rotation of the screen; I still can't figure out how to run minecraft in full-screen mode properly yet; they should have used a normal display.

The Micro SD slot is too deep to easily access without tools; It's nice that unless I use a power supply prong, it won't easily come out.

The Micro SD slot also does not appear to be bootable; I can more easily recognize which connected device is which in the bios.

There are only 2 USB 3.x ports; I don't have to worry about paying for any port I don't need, nor do I have to sacrifice space for it.

The fan noise is potentially quite extreme, but I want my device optimized for temperature, not noise, and it has a headphone jack; I use earbuds that nullify the sound.

This was pretty cool

upload_2018-8-23_21-7-58.png

That's extremely cool!
Makes me start wishing again for Sony to do handhelds again

That's extremely cool!
To be fair they've expressed an interest in light of the Nintendo Switch. Based on their other timelines I wouldn't expect it until 2020-2021, at which point I would tend to expect a 7nm chip that would probably be powerful enough to handle what the Switch can with Passive instead of Active cooling at least sufficient to serve a Vita style 540p screen.

same. i still love my vita (and the indie/double a games that are still getting released on it), but i'd instantly buy another sony handheld. can't have enough of them small devices running good games :>

The problem I have with Sony is their intense desire to define proprietary standards and markets. Memory stick, PSN. Its all great but useless outside of their bubble. It's like the Apple style of doing things but with games. I'm kind of done with that.

The Win, despite being kind of kludgy, is a device that is open ended for the most part and allows you the user to define its operation. That is the high order bit for me.

After 2 months in use I wanted to share my impressions with the GPD Win 2.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the device.

- Modern games: It is great fun to play modern games with the device using eg. steam. Games like FIFA18, Rocket League, but also Civilization (I tested CIV V and my beloved Civ IV - possibly it is too slow with CIV VI) and several not too demanding Shooters. I am very impressed with the huge step the Win2 made forward. A fantastic experience.
- Vintage Games: Everything works perfect with Retro Arch.
- Working/typing: Well, you can type far better than on Win1. But you would not want to work with this machine, right? For me, these devices are far too small for productivity work. Buy a proper Ultrabook instead.
Build quality: It is excellent. Miles ahead of others like the Win1 or the Pandora.
Battery Life: I am impressed. 4-5 hours of gaming are absolutely no problem (unless you play eg Doom 2016 and push the device to the limit)
Cooling: Well, this is not perfect. The device is getting warm. Not hot, but warm. OK from my point of view. But the price is: The vent is loud, (I think, in a silent environment it is probably too noisy for other people)

I am still waiting for the pyra (and even for the Smachz - but this device is not so much for me, should it ever become reality).
In terms of competition I believe It will be hard for the pyra, but in terms of typing and cooling i belive the Pyra still has a chance to succed as a proper (maybe the better?) vintage gaming handheld. But overall, I think, the Win2 is superior in a lot of aspects.

Love this device.

Looks like the GPD WIN 1 got a free product placement in Tom Clancy's - Jack Ryan , Episode 7 "The Boy". It pops up a few times

upload_2018-9-2_15-32-57.png

Last edited:
Weird that they're using a Win 1, when they've been out of production for a while now. Though I would assume this was all filmed last year? Sorta makes sense if that was the case.
Either that, or someone on set REALLY loves the Win 1 lol

I got my cube mix plus with keyboard for 330$ during black friday sale. I think the performance will be similar although the tablet only has passive cooling.
I think ram size is less important than clock speed, the cube runs 1866Mhz ram speeds, not sure about the Win2.
But the price means, that the Win2 will get cheaper over time.

I am currently plying Grim Dawn on 1080p with mostly medium settings and am very impressed with the soc. It is able to run GTA5 on low settings at around 25fps with a few stutters, but playable.

On a side note: I performed the heatsink mod which is essential in my opinion.

Last week, I just purchased an ALLDOCUBE Mix Plus (I did your heat sink mod on it already (thanks, btw)) and now I'm in gaming heaven <3

It'll be interesting to see what the products for next year are if there saying their won't be more Win project till 2020.

I know one of the new products. And although I cannot say anything about it, I can confirm it is a new product line.

Back