GPD Win Max or One Mix Pro 3

lordbobjones

Hey, I just had a laptop die on me and while I wait patiently for my Pyra, I need to get something in the next few days for travel. I am currently evaluating both GDP Win Max and One Mix Pro 3. I thought I would ask for opinions from those who have used either one. I will probably run Windows because of work stuff but prefer Linux where I can.

I have a GDP Pocket that died due to battery many moons ago.

Let me know your opinions.

Bob

While I think the max is for sure the better of the two. The timeframe is a problem. The win max is still preorder, looks to land around the same time as the pyra most likely. If you need it now you might look elsewhere like the pocket 2 or something.

I need to get something in the next few days for travel.
Good luck with either of those options then. The Win Max hasn't shipped outside China yet and unless there's a local option to buy the One Mix, you're probably looking at a bit of a wait to have one shipped. You should probably consider something larger, you're more likely to find a 13-15" Ryzen laptop on short notice than a Chinese netbook. Or possibly look at an Android tablet if size is a concern.

Win MAX should not be too much ahead.
And if you are interested in gaming/performance in any way it's worth the waiting.

If you need an office device on the other hand the One Mix Pro has the huge advantage that you can flip the screen for 180° and use it in tablet mode.

I would base my decision on that:
Gaming + performance = WIN MAX
Tablet mode = One Mix

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated. I am going to try the Win Max and see if I can get my hands on one.

Thanks again!

So I ended up picking up a GPD Win 2 (very inexpensive) and so far so good. Seems like it is capable and runs what I need. I might stay with this for a while. Until the Pyra of course.

Back