GPD Win ready for preorder!

I have a question. Does "link" still run a shop in the United States? I'd rather not pay too much for shipping & (mis)handling to my door. I'm very interested in buying both products. Thank you.

I have a question. Does "link" still run a shop in the United States? I'd rather not pay too much for shipping & (mis)handling to my door. I'm very interested in buying both products. Thank you.

Yes, he will, and he will also handle the shipping of the Pyra (and probably GPD Win) preorders from me as well, to save shipping costs.

So you mean US-based preorderers can preorder a unit with you, and still save on shipping costs as if they've shopped with Link (because Link will in fact be handling the mailing out). That's pretty neat.

So you mean US-based preorderers can preorder a unit with you, and still save on shipping costs as if they've shopped with Link (because Link will in fact be handling the mailing out). That's pretty neat.
Is this the case?

I'm hopeful/trusting. Link never let me down, but I never plunked down money for an iCP2...not because of him, but because I couldn't trust that other guy anymore. I placed an order for a GPD Win and an 4GB Pyra w/LTE, etc...through DragonBox. Just seems like the right thing to do, to support well-intentioned endeavors. I love this community. Plus I really love my Pandora and I'd like to see the successor.

Some improvements to make:

Q: Can the GPD Win play ALL Windows PC Games?
A: In theory, es. Should be "yes"

Extend is what you do when you add additional memory, as enhance suggest the performance of the already included memory increases once you add an SD-card.

a delivery with UPS delivery with UPS

Linux|Gnu as in the OS.

+ 10 further function keys +10 function-keys in addition to that

If you are attending the Gamescom drop "the"

Together with the Pyra, could be "along with the Pyra" as they do not operate in a duo.

every Preorder will get it for 311 EUR e(without VAT, where did the "e(" come from

Is that risky?

Not really. On the one hand, GPD is a reliable company (see GPD XD), and on the other hand, the prepayment will stay with US until the the devices are produced. This makes it sound as if the part where money stays with dragonbox is the risky business.

5 - 8 Stunden depending o use-case) Should be hours, and "on" 'depending on use' suffices

Headphones-Port isn't it a headset port (mic+headphones)

GTAV GTA V

I can't even front like I don't want one...even if I don't plan on using it as a daily driver like I do for the Pyra, which is, of course, a higher ticket item for me. Frankly, if I ever get one, then it'll be strictly for gaming. Some indie Steam/GOG titles, ZSNES, playing old (non-DOS) Windows games natively, PJ64, the works.

Actually, this could be the backup plan to the Pyra should PSP emulation not pan out on it. Being comfortable to hold, the performance meeting my requirements, and having better controls than the PSP would alone be worth the price of admission.

Found a mistake:
Q: Is it possible to install a different OS (i.e. Linux)?
A: Maybe. The device has no locked bootloader, but there is [no] also official support for anything else except Windows 10. Besides, similar Intel SoCs are known to have issues running Linux. So it might work, but we cannot promise anything.

I'm holding off till more is known about the keyboard, bootloader, the hardware, and the MS win10 policy for the future. It is a little bit desirable, but I don't see what I wouldn't use the Pyra for.

It would have to be x86-only linuxgames, of the new indie type. Though i'm not sure if i'd use steam, and certainly not windows.

I'm pretty sure after the Gamescom we'll get more orders.
There's no hurry here right now, and I also didn't really advertise it a lot at the moment.

I will probably receive a prototype next week, so I can make comparisons (size, usage, etc.) with the Pyra and show each others strengths :)

Back