GPD Win (x86 Computer / Palmtop)

Another video of game play on the GPD WIN Prototype. Game is "Devil May Cry 4"

They said on the chinese forum that they are still optimizing the GPD WIN

Last edited:
he may cry about the framerates. but you think he'd have done so by now if it's already the fourth time.

But... I don´t know, I´d prefer that the Devil may cry 2 something else...
Tears for battery might be a good reason.

The Chinese crowdfunding page is now up, it officially starts June 12th. I think it says the campaign is 60 days long, and the fulfillment is 30 days after that. That should be mid Sept. Price is 1799 yuan ($274 usd) or 1750 yuan ($266 usd) with a promo code they are giving via taobao

See here: http://z.jd.com/project/details/58322.html

This should be the final phase of crowdfunding/pre-orders

Phase 1) Indiegogo.com International crowdfunding campaign which got 1890 backers (Ended)

Phase 2) Makuake.com Japanese crowdfunding campaign which is on 508 backers and climbing (50 days left in the campaign)

Phase 3) Third Party pre-orders have begun via sites like Geekbuying, DinoDirect etc etc - Pre-orders accumulated on these sites to date is unknown

Phase 4) JD.com Chinese crowdfunding campaign starts on June 12th

574e39c9N9b3522dc.jpg

Last edited:
They do click? :eek:
Domecaps?
Yes, these are the ones used on older smartphones. They have a good tactile feedback, but I absolutely hate the clicking sound.
The new 3ds uses these as well for buttons and the DPad, and I was always afraid waking my wife while playing Shovel Knight...

Good thing she doesn't wake easily.

The new 3ds uses these as well for buttons and the DPad, and I was always afraid waking my wife while playing Shovel Knight...

Good thing she doesn't wake easily.
Find a game for her to play in case you do wake her.

I still haven't tried a new 3DS, but I don't know if I will like domecaps. I have been using "normal" buttons and d-pads on controllers and handhelds for decades and they didn't feel lacking. I might enjoy the click, but I do worry about long term durability. I have controllers and Game Boys that are extremely old and work fine, while I have smartphones with keyboards that don't fully function properly after a few years.

buttons that have clicking sounds are awesome :D at least if you press them intentionally and not by accident... but i guess it's not really audible unless you play with muted sound in a quiet environment.
regarding durability: i got a new 3DS as soon as they came out here, and after ~120 hours of gaming, i noticed that the A button was slightly lower than the other three. still works fine though.

i got a new 3DS as soon as they came out here, and after ~120 hours of gaming, i noticed that the A button was slightly lower than the other three. still works fine though.

Have this problem on my Nvidia Shield Portable. This is terrible, the A button has become incredibly sticky... I hope that this won't happen to my Pandora.

No, this won't happen with your Pandora, Pyra, GPD XD and probably not with the GPD Win. GPD used keymats for the DPad and main buttons on the GPD XD, only domecaps for the not-so-much-used-keys (menu, volume, etc.)
I don't think they'll change that for the GPD Win.

Reactions: wej
Well, the Chinese crowdfunding for the GPD WIN has just started. Seems to be going ok.

http://z.jd.com/project/details/58322.html

Hmmm, looks like they reached their funding goal in the first hour - 200 000 yen($30,500 usd) goal exceeded with 117 real backers(excludes lottery backers).

Last edited:
I personally don't like having this strong advertising for the GPD WIN here until the Pyra is out there proving its worth, afterwards I wouldn't care.

Back