GPD Win (x86 Computer / Palmtop)

Really? I don't have any issues with h.264 as long as it is NOT 720 or 1080p (neither of those work) but normal h.264 torrents work great
Really? HOW?
Classic Pandora stutters even with 480p h.264 encoded Videos overclocked at 800MHz. I tried VLC for Pandora and the usualy performant SMPlayer 2. Nothing can make h.264 run decent. What do you use? GHz Pandora has different hardware than Classic Pandora, if this is an point.
Which player runs h.264 at best on Pandora? I'm very interested to know.

Really? HOW?
Classic Pandora stutters even with 480p h.264 encoded Videos overclocked at 800MHz. I tried VLC for Pandora and the usualy performant SMPlayer 2. Nothing can make h.264 run decent. What do you use? GHz Pandora has different hardware than Classic Pandora, if this is an point.
Which player runs h.264 at best on Pandora? I'm very interested to know.

I don't have any issues with either my classic Pandora or my GHz. I use pan player 2.

Maybe you have slow SD cards or need a swap file?

Hm, no clue. I usualy recode my Videos to plain mpeg4 which often results in bigger files. They play fine, using SD card or via USB Stick. But even small and low encoded h.264 files don't play at all or only with heavy OC.

I now tried Pan Player 2, which sadly does not even work with non h.264 Videos in my case less than 1 FPS.. No clue what's wrong with my Pandora. SMPlayer 2 is still the fastest one so far. Did not tried KODI yet but thanks for the tip.

Panplayer 2 has a fixed frame rate hidden in the command line sent to mplayer, which may not be ideal for some people.
I haven't had much luck with h.264 at 480p on a CC Pandora @ 969 MHz, so I usually use XviD.

There are many complexity levels for h.264 though. The lowest may be equivalent to XviD, but if you're re-encoding anyways it might not be worth it.

Isn't there a hardware decoder for H264 in the OMAP3 ? Or it's not available on the Linux OS that the Pandora runs ?

Isn't there a hardware decoder for H264 in the OMAP3 ? Or it's not available on the Linux OS that the Pandora runs ?
There's a DSP, a specialized "CPU" which can do the type of math which would make decoding very very fast. Unfortunately, as it's basically a CPU, it needs to run a program, the actual decoder. We have the capability of loading programs onto this DSP, we are able to share data between it and the main CPU, several sample (simple) programs have been written to demonstrate how it works, but as of yet no one has written the h.264 decoder that is required.

There's a DSP, a specialized "CPU" which can do the type of math which would make decoding very very fast. Unfortunately, as it's basically a CPU, it needs to run a program, the actual decoder. We have the capability of loading programs onto this DSP, we are able to share data between it and the main CPU, several sample (simple) programs have been written to demonstrate how it works, but as of yet no one has written the h.264 decoder that is required.
I see. Thanks for the explanation.
Does the Nokia N900 or Android smartphones based on OMAP3 have no H264 acceleration either ? Or maybe they use some binary blobs that are no re-usable on the Pandora ?

My device arrived today, its a cool little Handheld whit a surprising fast CPU,
Ditnt had the time to make a closer look as I installet a lot Games on it, and now it's still need 40 minutes to copy the PS 1 Games from my Pandora SD Card via my crappy SD Reader..
I also ditnt truyed the poketability out
It's a bit wider than my Pandora
The SD card slot is awfully slow (enough to stutter games on mine).so I got a mini sandisk 128GB USB 3.0 stick that's in there 24/7.

The SD card slot is awfully slow (enough to stutter games on mine).so I got a mini sandisk 128GB USB 3.0 stick that's in there 24/7.
All my games and roms are only on my sd card, with the software that keeps the sd card reader awake, I never had any trouble with game performances (only slow when I transfer games on it, or install games).

Envoyé de mon 6039Y en utilisant Tapatalk

Sd is not slow there, but it seems to like going in a kind of sleep mode when not used frequently which leads to bad lag when a games try to use it... There's a tiny program that write regularly to the card to prevent that if you got this issue on the dingo forum...

Whit IORTCW, Return to Castle Wolfenstein runs also good on the Win, but I can't play this whitout cheats whit these Nubs..

And sometimes my WLAN ditnt work until I restart the unit

And some times my shoulder buttons didn't work correctly in shooter; I want too shoot my enemy but the button dit not work..

Whit IORTCW, Return to Castle Wolfenstein runs also good on the Win, but I can't play this whitout cheats whit these Nubs..

And sometimes my WLAN ditnt work until I restart the unit

And some times my shoulder buttons didn't work correctly in shooter; I want too shoot my enemy but the button dit not work..
I just turn airplane mode on/off and it fixes it for me

Not for me, but on the Nintendo Switch, this worked somethimes..
Also i got the Unit today in Standbye Mode since 7 AM and its losts about 25 % Batterie..
Maybe i should shoot it down over the day, as its no item i need realy, and only power on if i need it,

Could be that the Free To Play Gameloft Game Asphalt Extreme needs some current..

How about some pictures??
07c6eb630ad9d072a4a26fc4656eae68.jpg
daaad779049acbfa62beae238923f36a.jpg
84595676197b91e0583d77c5970a98f8.jpg

Back