GPD Win (x86 Computer / Palmtop)

Yeah, but I was going to see those two with the Nintendo handhelds. Don't worry about it, though, those sets together are good enough.

Off-topic: I may post all sorts of pics of my Pyra with various other devices I have once I get it.

Brütal Legends and Fallout New Vegas also works pretty good on this little device:)
Booth from GOG on the Micro SD Card

The only thing I ditnt like is that the powersupply doesn't have enough current to keep the Computer Battery on full whyle playing

Brütal Legends and Fallout New Vegas also works pretty good on this little device:)
Booth from GOG on the Micro SD Card

The only thing I ditnt like is that the powersupply doesn't have enough current to keep the Computer Battery on full whyle playing

Just buy one of the 3A chargers for modern smartphones on Amazon or similar.
They are able to provide enough power to load and play at the same time.

Or I try my multiport Charger I use allready for my IPhone, IWatch and Headsphones

I ordered a Bluetooth Mouse and a foldable Bluetooth Keyboard for the Win and the Pyra last week, maybe I also order a 3Ampere Charger
This is also usable on the Pyra and the Switch

Ok my Multiport Charger got 2 Ampere
And the Gpd Win Charger got 2,5 Ampere so maybe it's time for a new one whit more power
morepower.png

Ditnt found a decent one at Amazone whit more than 2,5 Amp per Port so I bought a good one from Anker whit 6 Ports and 64 Watts it's not much more powerful than my Original GPD Charger but maybe it's delivers real 2,4 Amps cause I didn't trust this Chinese Charger that far..

I also have a 24000 mah Anker Powerbank which loads my Switch easily whyle playing so I think this company should make good Chargers too ..

Ditnt found a decent one at Amazone whit more than 2,5 Amp per Port so I bought a good one from Anker whit 6 Ports and 64 Watts it's not much more powerful than my Original GPD Charger but maybe it's delivers real 2,4 Amps cause I didn't trust this Chinese Charger that far..

I also have a 24000 mah Anker Powerbank which loads my Switch easily whyle playing so I think this company should make good Chargers too ..
Under full load the Win supposed to take 2.4a and the battery charge with the 0.1 remaining.

That's why it's slow under full load, but I never had the problem of discharging while using the Win plugged to the power supply.

Envoyé de mon 6039Y en utilisant Tapatalk

Got today a new Bluetooth Mouse and a Bluetooth keyboard, works pretty good whit the GPD Win, but should this also do. whit the Pyra or my Notebook
Typing is much more comfortable than on the GPD Keyboard but I wouldn't type a novel on it
But it's quite good too type something whyle the Tiny Computer is connect to my TV
Or I could use it to play some Strategy Games or Shooters on the TV

a78476965233146f20c2938496264149.jpg

Everquest on project1999 works fine too, which is great for comute coupled with tethering...

Hello
I'm planning to buy a GPD Win as something temporary while waiting for Pyra... but I definitely want to have Linux on it, I've seen some Users here have Linux on GPD Win. So I have a few questions:
1. Can I just boot the e.g. Debian from USB stick, dd the drive to image on this stick and, if something fails, just restore it? This is a general question about these PCs with UEFI, but in earlier machines it was totally OK as a backup procedure. Is there something I should preserve on disk (e.g. BIOS Setup on separate partition)?
2. Do I need to cross-compile the Hans De Goede's kernel on another PC or just make it on GPD in few (tens...) hours and boot this kernel?
3. How's the stability with Linux? Better or worse than Windows?
4. Are the problems with sound jack and hibernation still present?
5. How's the battery keeping in Linux?
Fortunately for using LXDE and simple programs I don't need a 3D.

I had Ubuntu working using linuxium's custom kernel.
I only had issues with the touch calibration which was off once I switched the orientation to landscape..
Everything else like sound, wifi etc worked just fine.

Hello
I'm planning to buy a GPD Win as something temporary while waiting for Pyra... but I definitely want to have Linux on it, I've seen some Users here have Linux on GPD Win. So I have a few questions:
1. Can I just boot the e.g. Debian from USB stick, dd the drive to image on this stick and, if something fails, just restore it? This is a general question about these PCs with UEFI, but in earlier machines it was totally OK as a backup procedure. Is there something I should preserve on disk (e.g. BIOS Setup on separate partition)?
2. Do I need to cross-compile the Hans De Goede's kernel on another PC or just make it on GPD in few (tens...) hours and boot this kernel?
3. How's the stability with Linux? Better or worse than Windows?
4. Are the problems with sound jack and hibernation still present?
5. How's the battery keeping in Linux?
Fortunately for using LXDE and simple programs I don't need a 3D.

1. Should be possible, the Windows UEFI bootloader seems to be automatically detected, but I'm not 100% sure.
2. Whatever you want. There are also compiled kernels from Hans around in some repos.
3. Same. What works, works fine.
4. Yes.
5. Better than windows, as far as I could see, unless you are suspending (linux suspends to idle instead of S3)

Android 7.1.2 on the WIN, now able to run Drastic etc

Ahh... yes... though I wouldn't really run Android on an x86 on a mobile device. Either the games are not available or emulating the ARM will eat your battery.
That's what the GPD XD+ is better suited for.

Ahh... yes... though I wouldn't really run Android on an x86 on a mobile device. Either the games are not available or emulating the ARM will eat your battery.
That's what the GPD XD+ is better suited for.

In actuality, it's not an ARM to x86 conversion, but just Android running natively on x86 architecture.
It's an Android-x86 compatibility patch/distro, not a virtualization like most are used to.

Edited for rudeness-.

Last edited:
In actuality, it's not an ARM to x86 conversion, but just Android running natively on x86 architecture.
It's an Android-x86 compatibility patch/distro, not a virtualization like most are used to.

Well, yes. Android itself. However, most of the better games or emulators (DraStic has been named here) is coded and compiled in ARM, so that would need to be emulated.
Regardless whether the OS or all the JAVA stuff runs natively.

Back