GPFCE: Emulation too fast

porg

First of all, hi again dear community after 3 years of Pandora usage and forum abstinence.

Wanted to play Super Mario Bros (NES) on GPFCE but it runs too fast.

What can I do to get closer to the original playback speed?

For comparison I looked at Youtube videos. There the countdown is clearly also faster than the interval of seconds being counted down, but not as fast as in the GPFCE emulation, which is about 150-200% speed, as the jumping resembles nothing close to earth's gravity, and the music is way to fast too.

I have the newest OS 1.75, the newest GPFCE 0.81.0.r2, on a Rebirth Pandora.
[doublepost=1468683882,1468681537][/doublepost]Problem solved: Renamed "Super Mario Bros. 1.zip" to "Super Mario Bros..zip".

Just wanted to comment that the gravity in SMB is nothing like gravity on Earth at present, from a human scale.

Reactions: ___
yeah, changing the CPU speed also would do the trick... but renaming a file?

Also found that strange, as I guess that the filename is not regarded but rather an identifier in the ROM.
I had two different dumps in two different directories. Guess the issue was rather that I unknowingly loaded a bad ROM instead of the working one, as I start them via Pandafe.
I had previously tried to change the PND's CPU speed to 600 instead of the 800 via OVR file, and all kind's of speed settings within the GPFCE configuration screens, but to no avail.
Now it works. Whatever the issue was. Will not try to reproduce the bug. It's working now, so solved for me. ;-)

There are a lot of odd old rips of SMB out there, I've found. I've never come across one that runs too fast, but plenty that exhibit perfectly strange behaviours.

I had that issue as well. But after that I found out that you actually have to switch to PAL or NTSC depending on the rom type.

Back