Gpfce Long Filenames?

Auritribe

I noticed when I try to play GPFCE, the front end wont read any filenames longer than say, 7 characters. They just dont show up..

Is there a way around this, an alternate front end or anything? Or am I going to have to rename everything?

Thanks.

7? i haven't noticed that. if there's a limit, it's way longer than 7. have you somehow formatted your card in fat16?

7? i haven't noticed that. if there's a limit, it's way longer than 7. have you somehow formatted your card in fat16?
If I did I wouldn't be able to play other roms with long filenames in emulators like picodrive and squidgesnes :/

I'm still stumped.

So its supposed to read long file names? interesting.

I'm thinking it may not be the length, but the use of underscores in the rom titles. Gonna change that and see if it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
All my NES roms have long filenames. I took the GoodNES roms, and then used a took to hack off all the useless flags at the end.... Almost all the filenames have spaces in them, and some even have special characters like ampersands, quotes, and brackets... but gpfce seems to work fine with them all anyways. In fact, the selector it uses even puts "..." at the end if the filename is too long to fit on the screen!

Are files with long names not showing up at all, or are the names being truncated? Did it work before, or is this a sudden change? Are you using the latest version of gpfce?

This may sound like a really stupid question... but you're sure the files are actually on the card, right?

--Zero

Back