www.retroportables.4x2.net
well, we are hoping to have gpfinalwar's next version out soon

for the next beta many new things are planning to implemented
we plan to include...

*some sprites from the game Red Alert
*new units
*maybe new structures
*new backround

and for the future of the game, we are planning to include a third team to game play ( color = yellow )

~Octavious

ya, I am, and the new beta should be out soon
We will use as many as we can ( icons from Red Alert , have all but 2 for structures ) and plan to include more units

~Octavious

As one of the few non-commercial games that is approaching commercial quality, I really think you guys should avoid using redalert content. Original graphics would do wonders for this game and if you avoid copyrighted graphics, perhaps you could make a bit of cash from it.

Hi !!

Well yes, we're going to work together on this, because honestly this is a very huge task for me... The thing is, the AI won't be in the game in the next beta, but it soon will be. All I want is a playable version of the game with complete teams and sets of backgrounds for a skirmish version. That's why we want to gain time using some ripped gfx. But if the game pleases, then the campaign version should include only original gfx, 3 teams, and some surprises..

please use some music from red alert like hell march and radio2. the music in red alert is really f*cking amazing.

This would be difficult !!! I'd need a very cpu-friendly mp3 decoder, but anyway the game speed would be really reduced..

..thanks for the red and blue 'shit'...

mATkEUpON posted on Mar 20 2004 at 10:11 AM said:
This would be difficult !!! I'd need a very cpu-friendly mp3 decoder, but anyway the game speed would be really reduced..

..thanks for the red and blue 'shit'...
lol sorry... i sometimes refer to things, such as stuff, as shit

like i have a bunch of shit o my room's floor. XD
Just saying is more complicated and fancy graphics beats plain red and blue, but the red and blue is actually quite good compaired to other stuff i have seen

Last edited by a moderator:
well, I could take a look at some of the units and maybe see what I could do to make an origional and still tell what it is lol

~Octavious

maybe, if i ever get done ripping these images

This game ownz! keep it up!

However something seems to be wrong with the the first beta realese or maybe not but the screen get so dark when i play for about a minute or so. I have new batteries inserted and it happens only with this game?

well, we will consider the mech ideas
and as for the screen darkening, that is an early version of night and day fading
its a lot less dark in the 2nd beta and when we release this next version, maybe a little over a week from today, it will be packed with many new thing so stay tune ( wow, that didnt sound cool at all...)

~Octavious

Just making sure im not stupid but u cant actually build units yet? only buildings right, and you cant gain money?

Back