Gph (Official) @ Face Book

GP2X-INT

Still Fresh
Hi Everyone.
GPH has opened a site at Face Book.
You can find many information over there and if you have any questions please you may ask over there.
You can search it for GPH (OFFICIAL)
Caanoo Specification and Games info is being updated.
We have not finished updating the necessary information but you may ask what you want to see.
Thank you and Best Regards

Tony Han
Overseas Sale Marketing Manager

GP2X-INT said:
Hi Everyone.
GPH has opened a site at Face Book.
You can find many information over there and if you have any questions please you may ask over there.
You can search it for GPH (OFFICIAL)
Caanoo Specification and Games info is being updated.
We have not finished updating the necessary information but you may ask what you want to see.
Thank you and Best Regards

Tony Han

Hey Tony,

Looking forward to the Caanoo, but is there any news on the WiFi dongle? And will it be the same one for the Wiz and the Caanoo or will it be two seperate ones?

Last edited by a moderator:
GP2X-INT said:

You people make the strangest decisions ever...

Here's a tip to you and the rest of the GPH company/team...Listen to the gp32x.de forum members, because we keep getting stuffed with no lube by you guys.

The Wifi will be released at the same time with the Caanoo
It will be one WiFi for Wiz and Caanoo.
All the games that has been developed by GPH will be running on the both consoles.

SONY I am trying to do my best to listen you and for the whole forums at GP3X
And I am really trying my best to support you guys.
I wish you could understand us.

Any more information needed please ask at GPH (OFFICIAL)
Thank you very much

I don't think attempting to channel all information exchange via Facebook is necessarily a good idea as not everyone uses it. I much prefer just to drop people a regular old email when I need to get in contact.

SONY said:
GP2X-INT said:

You people make the strangest decisions ever...

Here's a tip to you and the rest of the GPH company/team...Listen to the gp32x.de forum members, because we keep getting stuffed with no lube by you guys.

Sony, it's not that they don't listen, it's just that they can't make their device exactly to the specifications that people on this forum want. As Peter pointed out to me earlier, most of GPH's customer base are people in Korea, who use the console as a regular game console. Most people here will be using it for emulation. So what will get them more sales, adding a analog stick or adding a dpad?

I personally think the Caanoo is looking very nice, and I really want to try out the hardware and some of the original software for the console, which will utilise the analog stick.

What Nova said +1.

I think some people here have been grossly overestimating their importance in the grand scheme of things.

Nova said:
Sony, it's not that they don't listen, it's just that they can't make their device exactly to the specifications that people on this forum want. As Peter pointed out to me earlier, most of GPH's customer base are people in Korea, who use the console as a regular game console. Most people here will be using it for emulation. So what will get them more sales, adding a analog stick or adding a dpad?

Do you have any hard evidence of this? Because I think way more people outside Korea use GPH devices as gaming, and especially GP2X had little in the way of support as an independent gaming machine. If people use anything more in Korea it's Vocamasters, but those now are completely tied off from gaming.

I think if what you're saying was true such a small company with relatively small sales numbers wouldn't have hired an overseas sales manager at all.

It's a theory based on sales figures that have been thrown out over the years (such as one on their Facebook page right now), things I've been told by them (particularly about Vocamasters) and the commercial games/funGP launching in South Korea first.

Peter R said:
It's a theory based on sales figures that have been thrown out over the years (such as one on their Facebook page right now), things I've been told by them (particularly about Vocamasters) and the commercial games/funGP launching in South Korea first.

I didn't see any sales figures on their Facebook. Sales of Vocamasters shouldn't have anything to do with gaming - why would anyone buy them for gaming over standard GP2X/Wiz/whatever? It's always easier to launch locally first than overseas, and even if the commercial games sell more in Korea than elsewhere it doesn't mean that that's why people are generally buying their handhelds overall.

If you look at the activity on the Korean board (gpain.org) vs the non-Korean ones (gp32spain, gp2x.de, and especially here) combined I think you'll get a different picture.

They mentioned "much higher [sales numbers] then you are thinking" to a comment on facebook which asked 50.000 units. But of course it doesn't have to be true :)

I cant help but think that ThinkGeek must have sold many, and given them very high exposure. Surely these are mostly emulator-folk, looking at the description on ThinkGeek. Anyway, it will all be guesswork unless GPH will tell us some concrete numbers, and it doesn't look like it is happening. You probably need to be a commercial developer to get some real numbers.

Their sales claims don't seem to be true, Fatih paid and got their company accounts (from Korea) and they were such a small company they didn't have to file detailed accounts (for comparison, in the UK I think that threshold is at ~1 million pounds).

It's possible that they have a separate internal company I suppose and all Fatih got were export accounts.

Maybe they hope they can ship 40k units, and it's a mistranslation?

craigix said:
Their sales claims don't seem to be true, Fatih paid and got their company accounts (from Korea) and they were such a small company they didn't have to file detailed accounts (for comparison, in the UK I think that threshold is at ~1 million pounds).

It's possible that they have a separate internal company I suppose and all Fatih got were export accounts.

Maybe they hope they can ship 40k units, and it's a mistranslation?
How many did you sell at gbax.com?

I'm 27 and almost everyone I know has a facebook so when I noticed the facebook page I thought it was a good idea. Its also something they don't have to really put much effort into maintaining or have to pay money for. Plus if they answer a question from someone everyone can see it as opposed to individual email messages that only one person sees. It makes a lot of sense.

Gph initially focuses more on their home country but seem to have been focusing more and more on expanding their overseas sales which is also a smart move.

While it would be nice if they listened directly to this forum more there are also a variety of opinions represented here. There are people who have no problem with the analog stick. Plus, as mentioned we aren't the only community out there. They did at least listen a bit to requests to separate the buttons on the wiz. They make some questionable decisions but just because you or even a lot of people don't like it doesn't mean they have no idea what they are doing.

However, Tony I think your marketing of the cannoo as an internet gaming device is VERY misleading as in this day pretty much everyone would expect that to mean that it has internal wifi. In interviews you've mentioned that as one of the main selling points and I would really downplay that especially as you haven't even shown an official wifi adapter. They way you are showing it will just lead to a lot of angry customers stunned at the lack of internal wifi.

jbrodack said:
However, Tony I think your marketing of the cannoo as an internet gaming device is VERY misleading as in this day pretty much everyone would expect that to mean that it has internal wifi. In interviews you've mentioned that as one of the main selling points and I would really downplay that especially as you haven't even shown an official wifi adapter. They way you are showing it will just lead to a lot of angry customers stunned at the lack of internal wifi.
I absolutely agree with this. It's one of their main selling points, but people will have to purchase a seperate adaptor for it. Very misleading.

I think the Facebook group is a very good idea personally. If you have any thoughts about what the Caanoo should or shouldn't do, post them there, because the GPH guys DO read them. Tony and the GPH Director Sanhoong Park are there most days answering any question that you've got.

Nova said:
I think the Facebook group is a very good idea personally. If you have any thoughts about what the Caanoo should or shouldn't do, post them there, because the GPH guys DO read them. Tony and the GPH Director Sanhoong Park are there most days answering any question that you've got.
It's great that they read and answer questions, but the community are not willing to sacrifice privacy for it. I don't want to mix my social and my 'geek' life. Facebook is social, gp32x is geek.

Well, none of my friends are going to see what I write and receive, because absolutely none of them are interested in GPH. What's more, the two people who would be remotely interested are regulars here anyway.

Back