Gph Refused Gp2x-f200.

vincent85

Still Fresh
From Gp2x.com

http://www.gp2x.com/support/support_sugest...ho=22∂=00

Hello,

Hello,

GPH inform you that we have no concrete plan about gp2x-F200.

The thing what GPH staff mentioned about gp2x-f200 is like we can say about Pentium6 waiting for it.

it is like though we have no plan about next model,we can talk about it putting certain name on it.

i understand why our foreign customers worry about so much,as there has been many delaying and it makes you guys wait too long.

In order to dispatch the complete device,we decided to fix some bugs on software. and it will take a few days more.

We are very sorry again for late shippment and we will do our best to
dispatch gp2x as soon as possible to foreign customers.

Best Regards,

Anna

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Sounds like damage control. It is posted on their own Korean version of the site

From this post:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=21707&st=0

I can't read Korean but I do see "F200" in the text..

Don't know what to believe :blink:
Of course there might be an improved version of the GP2X some time in the future but there are no concrete plans so you can all stop the bitching and buy the current model. That's what you are to belive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its so rediculous how people blow these things out of proportion.

All the site says: The gp2x f200 will likely have a lithium battery, which will be able to better power a usb host. Its just speculation. From my understanding, the f200 is in planning stages, nothing more.

Anyone ever heard of the PS3? Xbox 360? Well this might shock some idiots on this site, but those systems were in planning stages since the release of the ps2 and xbox. In my opinion, waiting for the gp2x f200 makes about as much sense as skipping the ps3, since the ps4 is being planned anyway.

Anyone ever heard of the PS3? Xbox 360? Well this might shock some idiots on this site, but those systems were in planning stages since the release of the ps2 and xbox.

Yeah but they didn't announce the PS3 before the PS2 came out , or the 360 before the Xbox came out ;)

Yes thats true. But its not like they announced the fx200 either.
People were complaining about lack of a certain feature, and they stated that the next version will probably have said-feature.

(just exagerating here, but):
If thousands of people started emailing sony left and right asking why the soon to be released ps3 doesnt support DTS sound, im sure sony would make plans to support DTS in the PS4.

People are too easily "spooked" when it comes to stuff like this. I wouldnt be surprised if they already had plans for the gp2x f300 kicking around.

Microsoft announced the "next" Xbox at the same time as the 360 -- the 360 is just a stop-gap to beat Sony to the party.

Yeah, but will the gp2x-f200 be able to make me levitate off the ground, whilst listening to an MP3 and playing a perfect SNES emu?

:D

I wonder if, as and when they do come up with a second 2x, they'll slap a second mmsp2 chip in there lol. Assuming the price will go down gradually over the next say 4-5 years, it could be feasible by the end lol. That'd make it a quad processor system, which would just be weird lol.

I wonder if, as and when they do come up with a second 2x, they'll slap a second mmsp2 chip in there lol. Assuming the price will go down gradually over the next say 4-5 years, it could be feasible by the end lol. That'd make it a quad processor system, which would just be weird lol.

This would be great waste of resources and indeed very weird especially from programmer perspective. I'd rather expect different chips (like a additional cpu) connected somewhat to already existing MMSP2. Then it would act just like a dedicated graphics/video/audio chip and general processing would be handled by external cpu. And the hardware compatibility wouldn't be sacrificed this way.

Back