Gpmame Launcher

GA01

Website
Visit site
Is it possible to load GPMame Launcher automatically? Sort of like an Autoexec.bat for the GP32.

:)

Depends on which firmware you are using, RTFM of the firmware you are using to find out how to do this, And if that firmware supports auto load/start etc. :)

Trooper

It's the firmware that came with the GP32. The screen displays Play and PC-Link when switched on.

you can use gpbios, it can load every .fxe file on startup, it just has to be renamed to .bin in the root folder.

you can use gpbios, it can load every .fxe file on startup, it just has to be renamed to .bin in the root folder.
Once you've flashed to gpbios fxe files are renamed to boot.fxe keeping it in the GPMM folder so it boots straight to the launcher.

If you are brave enough to flash your gp I can highly recommend gpbios as you can boot straight to the firmware or app of your choice. Booting straight to mame on one smc and to DrMD on another for example.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would prefer not to flash my gp32_console :unsure:. If it's not possible with this firmware then I think I'll stick with what I've got. Thanks for the replies.

Once you've flashed to gpbios fxe files are renamed to boot.fxe keeping it in the GPMM folder so it boots straight to the launcher.

If you are brave enough to flash your gp I can highly recommend gpbios as you can boot straight to the firmware or app of your choice. Booting straight to mame on one smc and to DrMD on another for example.
I still don't understand why people prefer GPbios over Slubmans...

Don't try.

I've been lambasted more than once for professing my love for Windups:

"Why would anyone want to launch apps with fancy-looking icons?"
"Why would anyone need a GUI for their GP32, that's just dumb!"

I like how Windups looks on my GP32. That is all; its my preference to use whichever launcher I choose. Anyone that feels the need to post crap about another's choice of launchers comes off as an elitsit snob, IMHO.

Why do folks like RPGs with graphics, when you can play a simple text adventure like Zork? Silly, huh? :p

i cant understand why anyone uses this gpbios pos :) i hate it just for the name and the "marketing" and it haves nothing that mfw cant give you also.

I like how Windups looks on my GP32. That is all; its my preference to use whichever launcher I choose. Anyone that feels the need to post crap about another's choice of launchers comes off as an elitsit snob, IMHO.

Because it's the best way of booting straight to Wind-ups.
Plus like I've already mentioned you can boot straight to any app of your choice once you rename it to boot.fxe without having to remember which button to hold down on loading. So you can dedicate smc cards to your favourite emus/games.

The euro fw (the one I think you are using) should auto boot if it only finds one fxe in gpmm.

It doesn't. I remembr distinctly from the fact that I had to use the menu on the dungeon and guarder card.
The beta release of the european firmware (you could download it from gamepark for a moment, it had the same menu of the final european one) had this function : boot on a .fxe if it is the only one, but the final version hasn't this function...

Back