Gpquake 0.21

0.21 is based on a source by woogal i've never taken a look at maybe it's a problem with his code.

and the new and old version both work the same way?

NEW-0.21 works fine in geepee32 (0.24 and 0.40 with a 157e bios) with a 64 mb smc :) WITHOUT touching the options menu. haven't tested with setting anything, cuz i have ~ 3fps with geepee32
that's a step forward :)
haven't tested OLD-0.21 though

hmm.. i just found out that the new-0.21 uses jeff lamberts crt0 1.0, old-0.21 uses jeff lamberts crt0 1.1.
so in fact both should work the same way.

i think the bug has to be somewhere else, but it works on geepee32 and i can't test on my gp32...

Well, I suppose, if it works on Geepee and not on the real thing, that ought to mean that there's something GeePee doesn't emulate that GPQuake is fiddling with that's causing a crash on real h/w and just being ignored by GeePee. Is this version trying to do anything at all with sound? Are IRQs in GeePee atm, and does 0.21-new fiddle with them? Tbh I don't know much about what is and isn't emulated with the emu, but I imagine it must be something along those lines.

Tobriand posted on Jul 20 2004 at 02:01 PM said:
Well, I suppose, if it works on Geepee and not on the real thing, that ought to mean that there's something GeePee doesn't emulate that GPQuake is fiddling with that's causing a crash on real h/w and just being ignored by GeePee. Is this version trying to do anything at all with sound? Are IRQs in GeePee atm, and does 0.21-new fiddle with them? Tbh I don't know much about what is and isn't emulated with the emu, but I imagine it must be something along those lines.
afaik this version is woogals recompiled quake + gamma code. i don't know if he added any other special stuff (but definately not sound i think).
maybe geepee32 doesn't check if memory gets written/read that's outside the gp32's 8meg.

Last edited by a moderator:
i know. i haven't changed a thing.

just to clarify: i've got to get a smc reader/writer or find my cable. or woogal debugs the stuff. or someone else. (but the sourceforge cvs server hasn't synchronized yet).

I'm not sure about this, but I think Geepee doesn't crash as much if some data isn't alligned. Obviously the GP32 always crashes if it tries to read unalligned data.

I've just tried it and it works fine for me I turned the brightness all the way up so i could see it before i started and just started a new game.

64mb card
shareware 106 version
gp32 flu

what speed is this version clocked att cause i'mm getting a decent run speed

i don't know how the clockspeed is calculated, here's the set clockspeed code:

Code:
GpClockSpeedChange (99000000, 0x3a002, 1);

maybe it's clocked to 200 mhz and that's why so many people experience strange bugs :)

there's an old thread with a clockspeed table somwhere.

From the evidence so far it looks like it works fine on 64MB SMCs but not on 128mb ones (I think 2 people have said that it is working from a 64Mb SMC)..

And that looks like 99Mhz (see http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...ry9702entry9702, and ThunderZ's post)... OR here for some more examples: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?act=S...indpost&p=31605
Or even http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?act=S...post&p=34580....

From what I can gather this : GpClockSpeedChange(132000000, 0x3a011, 3); would set the speed to 133MHz.

Argon0

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like both TeaLion and I got our code from the same place (ThunderZ's example), But we've got different figures after the 132000000.... ? Would this make a difference?

Back