gpSP Problem

The Jimmer

Still Fresh
I'm sure this is in the documentation and I'm just missing it but I can't figure out how to load a GBA ROM in the emulator. I have the correct bios in the correct location (per the documentation) and I have some ROMs set up in a folder within the \appdata\gpspwiz folder. I can get to the ROMs within gpSP but I can't seem to successfully load a game. I'm sure the solution is ridiculously simple but I'm totally missing it. Would some kind soul please help...?

^ It makes a difference. What worked for several of us was unzipping them, and then re-zipping them using Squeeze on the Pandora. It's a bit time-consuming, but this should help.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ It makes a difference. What worked for several of us was unzipping them, and then re-zipping them using Squeeze on the Pandora. It's a bit time-consuming, but this should help.

Zipped - I'll try a "re-zip" for a few to see what happens - thanks!

I had the same problem too. Tried everything i could and yes zipped, unzipped,zipped [she wouldn't hurt a fly unless it was unzipped :rolleyes: ] but to no avail.

The bios/ emulator showed with all the games i downloaded but i could not open them to save my arse.

I just wiped out everything gpsp. Was losing my mind with this one and i have little mind left :blink:

I never herd of squeeze.

I still find this Pandora amazing though.

Jimmer ,,please let me know what happens.

Regretfully,

h.

Last edited:
What worked for several of us was unzipping them, and then re-zipping them using Squeeze on the Pandora. It's a bit time-consuming, but this should help.

Ok, a variation on this seems to have worked.

I was using unzipped game boy advance files (*.gba) which do not appear to work with gpSP. So, I converted them to .zip files using WinRAR. They now work great. Problem solved - thanks for the help!!!

What worked for several of us was unzipping them, and then re-zipping them using Squeeze on the Pandora. It's a bit time-consuming, but this should help.

I was using unzipped game boy advance files (*.gba) which do not appear to work with gpSP. So, I converted them to .zip files using WinRAR. They now work great. Problem solved - thanks for the help!!!

[edit] Reminder number 3, you cannot ask for these things on the forums. Please send a PM, or make use of Google. :)

Last edited:
I was using unzipped game boy advance files (*.gba) which do not appear to work with gpSP.
is this normal a normal behaviour?

So, I converted them to .zip files using WinRAR. They now work great. Problem solved - thanks for the help!!!
what do you mean by "converted"? do you mean "compress/archive"?

[edit] Reminder number 3, you cannot ask for these things on the forums. Please send a PM, or make use of Google. :)
i thought if i said bi.s it was ok?

you know i am really sick of this whole holier than thou attitude from you 'EXPERTS' out there. i am so unhappy with this PANDORA now and am going to post on ebay. It really is a half baked piece of kit . This bunch at OP bit off more than they could chew. You are starting to see more and more of these units going up for sale on ebay and will see more i am sure. I don't think the shelf life of these problematic devices will be over 2 years but that remains to be seen. Gaming should be fun and effortless . I now understand what they mean't when they said this device is not mean't for everyone. They should have said this device is not mean't for most!!!

Tinker away experts ..tinker away.

If you want to boot me out that would be fine since i will no longer post on this forum and be degraded for not being an EXPERT.

I was using unzipped game boy advance files (*.gba) which do not appear to work with gpSP.
I believe so - the listing for gpSP on the file archive mentions that unzipped files won't work.

i thought if i said bi.s it was ok?

you know i am really sick of this whole holier than thou attitude from you 'EXPERTS' out there. i am so unhappy with this PANDORA now and am going to post on ebay. It really is a half baked piece of kit . This bunch at OP bit off more than they could chew. You are starting to see more and more of these units going up for sale on ebay and will see more i am sure. I don't think the shelf life of these problematic devices will be over 2 years but that remains to be seen. Gaming should be fun and effortless . I now understand what they mean't when they said this device is not mean't for everyone. They should have said this device is not mean't for most!!!

Tinker away experts ..tinker away.

If you want to boot me out that would be fine since i will no longer post on this forum and be degraded for not being an EXPERT.
I'm pretty sure there's nothing "holier than thou" going on there... :(

my point exactly.

get over yourself.

yes i posted.

Last edited:
It's a matter of what's legally allowed on the forums. Game ROMs and BIOS remain the property of game companies and publishers. They can and will sue the Pandora team and shut down these forums if their property is being distributed here. You'll find the same rules apply to almost every forum on the internet!

I understand this stuff can be difficult to set up at first. I wish we could post all the answers on the boards, but we can't.

You got a PM from me the other day not only explaining why your thread was locked, but giving you detailed information on how to get what you were looking for. Is that holier than thou? No, it is awesome. Good luck finding that treatment anywhere else! Please read that PM again, it has the answers you're looking for.

Nobody wants you gone. Relax.

So, I converted them to .zip files using WinRAR. They now work great. Problem solved - thanks for the help!!!
what do you mean by "converted"? do you mean "compress/archive"?

The normal behavior issue was addressed by Prometheus.

As for the "converted" point - you're correct that I compressed/archived the ROMs using WinRAR ("converted" was a poor word choice). Thanks for pointing out the need for clarification!

It's a matter of what's legally allowed on the forums. Game ROMs and BIOS remain the property of game companies and publishers. They can and will sue the Pandora team and shut down these forums if their property is being distributed here. You'll find the same rules apply to almost every forum on the internet!

I understand this stuff can be difficult to set up at first. I wish we could post all the answers on the boards, but we can't.

You got a PM from me the other day not only explaining why your thread was locked, but giving you detailed information on how to get what you were looking for. Is that holier than thou? No, it is awesome. Good luck finding that treatment anywhere else! Please read that PM again, it has the answers you're looking for.

Nobody wants you gone. Relax.
i just want the you know what link!!

Yes this 'stuff' is very difficult, fickle, unstable and non user friendly.

This is not 'awesome ' but rather dysfunctional ; bunch of people trying to patch a sinking ship if you ask me!!!

i just want the you know what link!!
Giving you the link would be illegal. That's been explained to you. You've been told several times how to get what you're looking for without anyone blatantly breaking the law. I don't understand what the problem is. :(

Hakmanplayer is an undercover agent for Nintendo. He's trying to coax somebody into doing something illegal, so that Nintento can send in the lawyers.

The only thing that the Pandora was advertised as, was 'not requiring any prior Linux know-how' and if you stick within the PND system of stand alone apps, that is probably correct.

It was always going to be a rather nice product though, given that it was sired of a niche crowd and born by a few across the continents. Granted getting some stuff working is tricky but no-one can by law, provide you things that are illegal to get hold of by yourself. Thats a choice of a download you have to make yourself. I still haven't got the UAE4all working and I got my Pandora from the very first batch of units that shipped!! As its my wife that wants it and only when the TV out is available I probably have yet more months to figure it out myself. GnGeo was a pain aswell for example. Half the fun is in the figuring out aswell, or at least for me. If you want a mainstream device experience stick to the big boys toys from Apple, Sony, Nintendo etc though most folk want to jailbreak/homebrew-ise those aswell for added functionality and if that applies to you, then your back at this point again on another device and I highly doubt any forum for those products will even let them be discussed let alone provide you a link.

No one wants you gone though, so just relax and figure it out, so you can enjoy your Pandora as it is way more versatile than the mainstream devices and no-one is stopping doing anything you wish with it.

regards

MP :)

ok ok i am sorry.

this is just soooooo hard yet i am still attracted to this machine.

i really do not know why i am.

when i hold it in my paws i melt.

all apologies.

all apologies.
I had been considering not bothering to donate any of my free time offering any assistance to you again after being told to "get over myself" for no reason whatsoever, but this changes that. Apology accepted. :)

Back