Gpspdc?

Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
http://gpf.dcemu.co.uk/gpSPDC.shtml

gPSP is a fast Gameboy Advance emulator for the PSP. It has a little an optional assembly file that it shouldn't be too difficult to port to ARM... The direct port for Dreamcast without assembly is faster than VisualBoy Advance. Anyone wants to port this? I think it would be worth. :)

Regards.

The guy behind that was posting around here for a while but I think epicenter may have pissed him off and scared him away. It would be sweet to see on the 2X though.

Ravnos posted on Oct 24 2006 at 05:11 PM said:
The guy behind that was posting around here for a while but I think epicenter may have pissed him off and scared him away. It would be sweet to see on the 2X though.

He can do that to people who aren't die hard linux/gp2x/whatever he thinks fans.

If I knew how to code i would be on it :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I just looked at the source - it's so much better-organised and focussed than VBA's. Partly that's because it's not trying to do everything (GB/GBC too), I suppose.

It looks like a great base to build a decent GBA emulator for the GP2X - I can't think of anyone better to do it than you, Franxis!

Franxis posted on Oct 25 2006 at 06:03 PM said:
If there is somebody interest to do the port please PM me, if no PM in some days i will do it myself. regards.

hey Franxis, I hope you're not shelving mame :(

Hirolaser posted on Oct 26 2006 at 01:58 AM said:
It is nice to have a break and work on different things sometimes, you know. It can lose some of the fun of developing otherwise (in my experience).

Mame is good enough for me now, I think its time for something new ;)

critical posted on Oct 26 2006 at 08:21 AM said:
It is nice to have a break and work on different things sometimes, you know. It can lose some of the fun of developing otherwise (in my experience).

No, MAME is an endless project, don't worry :D

I received a PM about somebody interested in the project, then i will not start gPSP port yet...

Regards.

Franxis posted on Oct 26 2006 at 12:31 PM said:
I received a PM about somebody interested in the project, then i will not start gPSP port yet...
I hope they do it soon, then. I've done a quick port to another ARM-based console, and it was substantially faster than VBA :)

critical posted on Oct 26 2006 at 01:04 PM said:
I hope they do it soon, then. I've done a quick port to another ARM-based console, and it was substantially faster than VBA :)

Port it to GP2X too :D

Franxis posted on Oct 26 2006 at 09:25 PM said:
critical posted on Oct 26 2006 at 01:04 PM said:

Port it to GP2X too :D
Only because it's easier to debug...

Franxis posted on Oct 26 2006 at 09:31 PM said:
critical posted on Oct 26 2006 at 08:21 AM said:

No, MAME is an endless project, don't worry :D

Regards.

Who is it? It's the type of thing NK would be interested in. (before abandoning it after the first release)

I compiled it. In the GP2X i got errors when loading roms(fseek(), execute_arm_instruction()...). In PC works very very fast and without problems.

Back