Gpspout

hmm... i estimate the highest score you can ever get at around 8000-10000 points. there`s too much closed space to bust away on these heights.

well, i didn´t modify ANYTHING. This must be some kind of bug (wanted to keep you puzzled with my highscore :p ). I didn´t score that high, noone else had the GP32 in his hands. I don´t know how such a ridiculous highscore comes into my Intro, but since i lost my 5800 score (which was fooking hard) its just fair (not really :p ) to have an highscore like that. I remember my old highscore beeing around the 3400. That highscore was saved (obviously not the actual highscore, but that what you can see in the screen above. When i crashed into an obstacle at 5800 somethingsomething i was like "shit, but at least i got a very high score". But i was like "huh? WTF is going on?" (note: I was actually saying that, no abreviation :D ). and i had my intro rolling and saw that highscore. Im still mad my 5800 score wasn´t saved :( . So, to make the long story short: this must be some kind of bug.

and btw: i never said i actually SCORED that score, just that it´s that what my intro says :lol:

oh and: I now tried to edit the sco file to have something like 5854 or something, but i have no clue how. I tried the Windows editor, but all i see is a dot. And a hex editor just showed 2E20 2020 2020 2020 and i have no clue what to do with that. Can you make me a highscore file at any score around the 5800? Since now im only able to get around 4700

dr_other posted on Jul 30 2004 at 09:58 PM said:
no_skill posted on Jul 30 2004 at 02:03 AM said:
thanks.

roflmao sig! where do you got it from?
Hahah, I do love these things.... it is by a two man team named Wulffmorgenthaler. They put out a new one a day... and I can't stop laughing at most of them. I use a new one every week. Here is one of my quirky favorites.

KenJasonneededanewstrategy-thegoodcopridiculouscopactjustwasntworkingforthem.gif

Ken and Jason needed a new strategy - the good cop ridiculous cop act just wasnt working for them

In other news, I still suck at this game... but I can't stop playing...
I just read loads. Very funny

Last edited by a moderator:
i love the game but i think you should ad some sound or something just a thought it would be alot better if you did

rather soon now ;)
(i know it usually means real soon now, which is a comic if i`m right)
but read signature is also right :)

It's a cracking little game this, real old fashioned fun :) and totaly addictive :blink: thanks.

Most of the suggestions here seem to be for sound, which to be honnest dosn't bother me one way or the other. But I do second the suggestion that you make the game window bigger, as it's a bit squint making, and quite difficault to focus on, what with the bus shaking around and all ;)

I do have a suggestion for a new game mode, if you ever decide to do such things. The idea is that instead of it being a time trial between the sections, with score based on hight and speed. You are scored solely on how much 'rock' goes off the bottom of the screen, a point per pixel, removing the timer all together, but keeping the rest the same. Turning it into what could be a less hurried, but still sodding difficult skill game.

Yeah, Spout is a great game. I see it a core to something real cool. My opinion is a Spout DX would be cool. The features that would rock would be:

Full screen: if you had to bump up the clock speed to 133 it would be worth it.

Sound: a simple "thruster" sound would do. It would start soft and get louder (to a point) as you hold the button, kind of like asteroids. A crash sound when you crash would be good too. MOD file playing in the background if you have any CPU left would be awesome.

Color: An option to invert the colors so that the screen would be dark and the particles would be light. You could have the "ship" one color, particles another, and the walls, a different color.

Something like this:

spoutdx.gif

I think this game is worthy of expansion, hopefully it won't be abandoned.

I just tried out this game a few days ago, and now i'm addicted. It's brilliant.

i'm sorry, but i won't on gp32 stuff again.
getting anything working is so painful and the slightest changes screw up everything. i`m done with it.

aww :(

ah well. thanks, no_skill for a great conversion, and good luck with your future projects (spoutDS maybe? B) :p).

awww. i guess no SMW...

No worries. Thanks for what you've done!

Back