Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doesn't work at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rico

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
trooper was asking about a poll, so I made one. This is to gauge the compatiblity of GPVGB, and also whether or not it runs on certain GP32 units. Vote, thanks!

I just downloaded all 3 versions available from gp32x.de

0.07 simply re-boots my GP32

0.09 doesn't even start, just get some error messge (I guess) in Korean

0.11 Can select a game, get a white screen, and GP32 re-boots after a few seconds

:(

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted perfectly :rolleyes: , Well almost. ;)

It played pretty much every game i tried on it, All be it slow in places and some with graphical glitches.

Using 0.11 and it even played tomb raider a 4mb rom. :blink: :rolleyes: :blink:

Trooper

yes, only 0.11 works for me, plays most colour games, except Mario Golf. Only tried 1 mono game - it was Mario with the never ending level!

aharding posted on May 27 2003 said:
So why does it only work on some GP32's?

See, this lack of professionalism would not be found at Nintendo.
dammit Harding, you're fired! :lol:

the question still remains though?

Rico posted on May 27 2003 said:
trooper was asking about a poll, so I made one. This is to gauge the compatiblity of GPVGB, and also whether or not it runs on certain GP32 units. Vote, thanks!
Excuse my manners, Thanks Rico. :)

Trooper

mafen posted on May 27 2003 said:
See, this lack of professionalism would not be found at Nintendo.

Take it up with the emulator coders? :)
No, it's actually Game Parks fault.

I ain't going to argue with no emulator coder because I know there doing for free in there own time for the good of us :).

I wouldn't mind learning how to do it but I haven't a clue where to start.

There was a thread not too long ago about some people's GP32's having trouble running at 133mhz while other's run fine at 133mhz. I haven't personally tried the GB emulator so I don't know what megahertz it runs at, but that could be the problem. It does sound like there are (at least) two different chipsets.

This has been talked about for ages, it seems no matter how close you buy 2 GP32s, or that the firmeware version is exactly the same, some machines wont run it, and some do. Like me and my m8 bought 3 at the exact same time, 2 run it fine, 1 doesnt at all with all the same symptoms as everyone else who has probs.

What i wanna tell those that it doesnt work on is your not missing much, while its a well made emu, and the screen stretching is nice, its got gfx glitches everywhere in most games or runs very slow, i wouldnt worry bout it till another new one comes alone.

Oh and this isnt unique to this emu, ive heard a few (Speccyal springing to mind) does exactly the same thing.

Perhaps a particular SDK function or direct operation? For example: could be using ASM to draw to video RAM directly, or do some other low-level operation, and half-way through production Gamepark changed their GP32 units a little... perhaps to improve performance or fix a bug...and now these low-level operations don't work.

Just a thought.

- Rico

There was a thread not too long ago about some people's GP32's having trouble running at 133mhz while other's run fine at 133mhz. I haven't personally tried the GB emulator so I don't know what megahertz it runs at, but that could be the problem. It does sound like there are (at least) two different chipsets.

GPVGB runs at 85MHz when black and white, 102MHz when color

I'm using v0.11, and I've successfully run the following titles with few problems, if any:

Super Mario Land
Metroid II: The Return of Samus
Kirby's Dreamland 2
Donkey Kong
Mega Man III
Mega Man V
Bust-a-Move 4
Mega Man Xtreme2
Tetris DX
Tetris Blast
Castlevania Legends
Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge