Gpx2 Pic

fade

Website
Visit site
Apologies if you've all seen this pic, but its the first one ive seen with the X and the 2 round the right way.....

gp2x_real.jpg

I want one! :)

P.s: Yes, i am aware of the irony of this post in that i myself actually got the X and the 2 round the wrong way in the topic title. :lol:

I think the screen could be a fake considering the edges are too clean but the actual unit looks real enough for me... The reflection is bugging me though ...

yaustar posted on Sep 21 2005 at 10:57 AM said:
I think the screen could be a fake considering the edges are too clean but the actual unit looks real enough for me... The reflection is bugging me though ...

The reflection just looks like a guy holding a digital camera to take the picture to me, no idea what that is on the left there though

Last edited by a moderator:
That does look very nice inded - roll on launch day :D
(I'd never realised how odd the arrangement of the ABXY buttons was before though - different to both nintendo's and sega's/microsoft's layouts...)

Man that is really nice...I think that's the best pic of the unit I've seen so far. Gimme!

*checks calender to see if it's october yet*

awwww

I guess it could be a genuine screenshot, except the three lines of text under "PERSONAL ENTERTAINMENT PLAYER" would be totally unreadable in 320x240. And also there is no currently selected menu item.

slygamer posted on Sep 21 2005 at 01:00 PM said:
I guess it could be a genuine screenshot, except the three lines of text under "PERSONAL ENTERTAINMENT PLAYER" would be totally unreadable in 320x240.  And also there is no currently selected menu item.

Maybe they're running a full X server rather than a tinyX one and then resizing it for 320x240 using the second CPU; it is just as unreadable in the screenie as it would be on the screen, but in 2x resolution, it'd probably be ok.

Just a guess - I could be talking crap (it's quite likely actually), but maybe not...

Interestingly, if that IS what they're doing, then the version of linux used must have been designed to work with both cores, even if not quite as fully as we all want.

EDIT: Or of course, it could be a resized screenie from the devkits or somthing with the reflection added cleverly in photoshop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive got the shot above from the korean side of gp2x website.

that one is a color testout before they started producing black. they want feedbacks from people so they can decide if they want to produce in silver.

feedbacks, ppl! :D

Both are nice, but I like black best.

Silver paint tends to chip over time and look bad (like the silver GBA's for example).

Back