Adding Ipod Nano Memory Chip To Gpx2

robox

Still Fresh
I aint posted for a long time, basicly i forgot my password and kinda lost intrest in the gp32.

but after hearing about the gpx2 i have been drawn back into handheld retro gaming once agian.

Anyway, what i wanted to ask is would it be possible to use the memory chip in the ipod nano in gpx2 and apart from storing more music and files on the gpx2 would it be of any benefit to homebrew apps such as emulators.

i found a pic of the chip on this website http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/nano.ars/4

i dont really know what i am talking about just wondering

Aye, but Prophet needs to update the FAQ now. :p

Yaar, I need to catch up on my pirate-speak. Um... Yaaar! :ph34r:

(So it's a ninja. This cheap board don't have a pirate... :( )

Jarska333 posted on Sep 19 2005 at 07:53 PM said:

Yaar, I need to catch up on my pirate-speak. Um... Yaaar! :ph34r:

(So it's a ninja. This cheap board don't have a pirate... :( )

Yarr, it IS talk like a pirate day ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no real "answer" to this question because it really makes no sense to start with.

The Gp2X uses SD cards. That's all there is to say here.

Hate to sound like Vimacs, but thsi is a pretty pointless topic. :p

Jarska333 posted on Sep 19 2005 at 07:53 PM said:

No. I refuse to add the following into the FAQ:

Using Ipod Nano Parts In GPX2: Can you use parts from an iPod Nano in the GPX2? No. Layoff the booze...

Sounds like he was talking about the flash memory chips they pulled out of the Nano, And yeah I gotta agree this is a pretty silly question to ask. The interior and software of both manchines is likely far too incompatible.

But see, we all do not know that much about tech. For all I know, the NAND and whatever they use as storage in this... piePod whatever, is excactly same memory, only in peePod it's wayyy bigger. More built-in storage!! Yay!

Shiver me timbers, me be needing a wench. An sum' rum...

Prophet posted on Sep 19 2005 at 09:56 PM said:
Hate to sound like Vimacs, but thsi is a pretty pointless topic. :p
you cant escape my power harrrrr
pirate3.gif

Od, I thought there was a post by Vimacs before Troopers...

Pirates took it!!!

I was thinking about adapting a GBA battery/speaker system to amplify the oomph my GP produces...

I want to plug my scsi raid array into the GP2x, So i can have 750 gig of movies, Games and music, Is that going to be possible, Please say it is. :D

Trooper

Back