Great Internet Special from 1&1 (Germany)

Uh eh ... never compare US standards with the rest of the world, i forgot about that.

Its quite surprising that this so called free marked there has absolute zero competitors that regulate the price.

Then again prices here have gone up a bit in the last years, not down. 

Edit for you edit:

They also have an option to add a virus protection program for 2€/m.

Yea i really dont get this contract stuff at all, its twice the price of any generic prepaid card.
Why would one order it? 

edit2: You also misread that, it says 4/m for an entirely new simcard for any other device but it refers to it as "data card". That thing probably has no own phone number and is not suitable for phones. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, either way I'm still pretty sure they'd prefer to sell you this addition than let you tether for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, I have no idea if they know or not - both devices are running android, and both access the web via chrome or specfic apps. Packet inspection would likely yield little or no info. As it is, I've been doing it for years, sometimes pulling down many, many GBs/Month and the only communication I've had from 3 has been to offer me a new phone :)

D.

If they want to know, they can know. They just may not really care. That can change at any time for any reason.

Back