Release Jagged Alliance 2 beta!

quartercast

I know there are some Jagged Alliance fans out there, if you haven't heard of it it's a great strategy game series for PC. If you liked the humour, guns and gore in Fallout 1 and 2 you'll love JA2 :)

I've ported Jagged Alliance 2 Stracciatella, which is an open-source version coded by Tron.

When running for the first time:

1. Procure JA2 original game cd/image.

2. Copy "data" folder to SD card (you need at least 900 MB free space)

3. Run PND once.

4. Edit ini file at /appdata/ja2strac-qcast/.ja2/ja2.ini so it points to /media/SD-card-name/folder-in-which-"data"-lies

5. Run PND again, JA2 will load

Beta 3 released!

• Now with 25% more tactical screen! Special thanks mcobit :)

Download English version here!

Download German version here!

Older betas:

Beta 2 English

Beta 2 German

Beta 1

Controls

Tip 1: Use nub as mouse, set L/R shoulder buttons to left/right click (Check here and here on how to do this)

Tip 2: See this page for hotkeys

jaggedalliance2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't see this one coming, never heard of Stracciatella before. Very nice surprise I must say!

Tested using files from the steam version.

Works brilliantly (only played through the first tactical map) except for the cursor bug. Some dialogue screens seem cause it also.

Tip: If it happens, tap in the top-left corner outside the screen and drag the cursor back into the gamescreen.

The pandora is the perfect handheld for this game. The screen resolution and size makes it look really good but not to tiny.

And because of the keyboard you can use the shortcuts (anyone who has played JA2 knows this is crucial). I especially like that you can use the buttons Y(pgup) and X(pgdn) to change stance.

Thanks a bunch for this quartercast!

You're welcome esslan & mash!

Good to hear it's working for you esslan, thanks for the tip about the mouse bug. My next task will be to work on the mouse problem, and maybe fix up the icon and preview screen. I can see this being uploaded to the file archive soon :)

Thanks again for this fine port! Playing JA2 on Pandora is great.

Is there a way to stretch the display and use the whole screen?

Wow! Another one where I really miss "Thank you" button on this forum.

I've ran that one on N900 (ran, not played - screen was too tiny for JA2 and my always tired eyes), looking forward to play it on Pandora.

T H A N K Y O U !

Hey guys, beta 3 has been released in English and German! The tactical map now extends to both ends of the screen :) See top post.

Wow! Another one where I really miss "Thank you" button on this forum.

I've ran that one on N900 (ran, not played - screen was too tiny for JA2 and my always tired eyes), looking forward to play it on Pandora.

T H A N K Y O U !

You're welcome, have fun!

BONER!!!

I started the game in this right moment. I think I'm not gonna be able to work today ^___^

I'll check compatibility with 1.13, UB and WF as soon as I've time

This port has several degrees of awesomeness

GREAT WORK on a great game!

This is a great ports ever and JA2 is perfect for a portable platform.

Thanks for working on this.

Back