Release Jagged Alliance 2

quartercast

Jagged Alliance 2 is one of my favourite turn-based strategy games, in fact one of my fave's of all time :)
Thanks to the devs, beta testers and donators who helped me port this.

Jagged Alliance 2 Release 1

Screenshots:
pic2sm.jpg
pic1ji.jpg

Gameplay changes since beta 3:
• Quickload (Alt-L) is now enabled during enemy turns.
• Press SHIFT to skip through militia turns (useful for stealing guns from dying enemies)

Other improvements since beta 3:
• Easy "data" folder importing. Simply drop your JA2 "data" folder into appdata/ja2strac-qcast/ (more info below)
• Icon, preview images and readme added.

Installation instructions:
You will need the original datafiles from a windows install or linux JA2 CDs.

A first-time installation is configured as follows:
1. Run PND once.
2. Copy your JA2 datafiles "data" folder to appdata/ja2strac-qcast/

Important: Make sure the folder name is "data" not "Data" or "DATA"

3. Run PND again, the game should load

Enjoy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure it's legible :)

There are around 8 european languages available, but the PND above is the English version. Let me know if you want to play in another language (i.e. your datafiles belong to the german/polish/russian/etc version of the game), I can create the appropriate PND for you.

god_at_hell said:
Wow .. cool.. can not wait to test this. Thx quartercast :D

No problem. This binary won't work with german data files though, in case you try :)

quartercast said:
god_at_hell said:
Wow .. cool.. can not wait to test this. Thx quartercast :D

No problem. This binary won't work with german data files though, in case you try :)

Ooh! Could you make a german version .pnd ? :)
I dont have a pandora (yet.. oh this hurts) and i never played this, but i would if i could :p

Heyo, just wanted to say REALLY nice job, this works perfectly and just feels really at home on the Pandy.

going through every file one by one making sure they were lower case was a major pain in the behind, but it was worth it in the end.

just for the record, anyone interested in this pnd who doesnt have the game, you can buy it off gog.com :)

1. I didn't have to rename my stuff to lowercase.
2. Even if I did, I could've used the built-in Bulk Renamer and saved a lot of time.

Blue Protoman said:
1. I didn't have to rename my stuff to lowercase.
2. Even if I did, I could've used the built-in Bulk Renamer and saved a lot of time.

yes apparantly that must have been for an older release, might want to change that in OP...

anyone else having trouble with the game crashing as soon as you leave the rebel hideout?

edit: reinstalled the data files, and it works now, I possibly messed up while renaming, so a clean copy without any renames seemed like a good idea and it worked

Interesting, other people said it didn't work unless they "lowercased" their data folder name and data files. Whatever works for you :)

Personally, I only had to change "Data" to "data" and it worked fine.

Edit: changed OP slightly.

Humm... Ello there,

does anyone know where to get a Jagged Alliance 2.PND file for the GERMAN Version of the game ?
(I read in the Readme about the possibility to compile a special .pnd file for other languages of the game.)
Since I only have that original copy of Jagged Alliance 2 could somebody please help me ? =)

Thanks

See you

Edit: just got myself the gog version of the game. works great so far.

Back