Great Pandora Accessories

RavenX

Still Fresh
Website
bis.midco.net
I found this nice looking external DVD that might work great with the Pandora and decided there should be a thread for sharing other accessories that people have found. I know similar threads have happened before, but I have not seen one lately, so I thought I would start another.

Does anyone know anything about this:
LITE-ON Black External Slim DVD Writer
LITE-ON: eSAU208

27-106-284-04.jpg

Any idea whether or not it will work with the Pandora's power output, even if the Pandora is plugged in?

Edit:
Thinks Ginrai. I missed this on the 2nd page. Looks like this device is probably out for writing. Maybe read only?
(second USB2.0 port required to support USB powered operations)

RavenX said:
I found this nice looking external DVD that might work great with the Pandora and decided there should be a thread for sharing other accessories that people have found. I know similar threads have happened before, but I have not seen one lately, so I thought I would start another.

Does anyone know anything about this:
LITE-ON Black External Slim DVD Writer
LITE-ON: eSAU208

Any idea whether or not it will work with the Pandora's power output, even if the Pandora is plugged in?

I was actually looking into getting a USB external DVD drive for my Pandora. However, 2 things concern me with this one. First, will the Pandora have enough power to power it? And second, I found this on that page about the DVD writer:

USB2.0 Port required (second USB2.0 port required to support USB powered operations)

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
A usb device capable of DVB-H - so I can watch TV on the Move

Dont expect to see one with Linux drivers - But I have noticed some broadband USB devices have capability - would be ideal if it allowed Pandora to act as PVR watch Live digital TV and record to SDHC

This might just make a pretty cool carry case. Plenty of room for SD cards, and should even be enough space left over for a mains adapter and a usb accessory or two. Might need modding a bit though (or at least padding out with a bit of bubble wrap!)

Hama-Multi-Card-Case-Maxi-049917-214x184.jpg

By the way it can be found for a fair bit cheaper elsewhere!

Here is another device that I found that I thought may have Pandora potential for powering USB drives.
It is a rechargeable battery powered USB hub. It looks like a great idea, but I am a bit skeptical of how long the batteries would last, and the reviews are not stellar, but still, I thought I would share:

CyberPower CPH420MP Hub:
17-804-001-01.jpg
17-804-001-03.jpg

a car mount, I really hope the case is not missing some kind of rails or holes for grasping the pandora on my car dashboard. :pandora1:

'paolo' said:
a car mount, I really hope the case is not missing some kind of rails or holes for grasping the pandora on my car dashboard. :pandora1:

I'll be confronting that issue very soon after my Pandora arrives. ;-) Stay tuned.

The X-Arcade Dual

twoplayer1.jpg

Add that on the pandora, plug the tv cable, and you're good to go.
Then me and my mate can play "cadillacs and dinosaurs" together and have no life. I really can't wait!
Oh, and it acts as a keyboard so no drivers required whatsoever

Hehe, I thought you meant as a usb joystick :D

'clippa' said:
Hehe, I thought you meant as a usb joystick :D
well, let say that the puter sees it as a keybaord but you use it as a fucking tough joystick to kick some asses and make new records on Track & Field ;)

One of these SNES-to-USB adapters. :D They work nicely with both regular controllers, as well as with my Capcom Power Stick Fighter arcade stick, which will be on MAME duty. :lol:

Altec Lansing XT1 Usb Powered Speakers.

Got a set of these for my Laptop and they are simply superb, best sound to speaker size I've ever heard, even the bass is awesome.

Can't wait to see if they'll work on Pandora. A quick google showed mixed sucess when people have tried to use these under linux.

No link due to forum problems.

Hmm maybe a usb hub + 2 controllers then you can use the pandora as a multiplayer console with TV out lol.

'Kekerot' said:
Hmm maybe a usb hub + 2 controllers then you can use the pandora as a multiplayer console with TV out lol.
I'm getting my multiplayer games together for just this reason. :D (For what it's worth, the hidden two-player duel game in Mega Man 7 is quite fun, as I've recently discovered. :lol: Klonoa Beach Volleyball on the PlayStation is also rather amusing.)

Also, a handy link for UK folks, speaking of USB things and of controllers;

CODE
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0006NGY9C?ie=UTF8&seller=A2HQHMZYQRCDRI&sn=piranha-tech

At £3.95, plus £1.94 postage, this is quite likely the best-value USB control pad on Amazon UK at this time. :p

'Prometheus' said:

CODE
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0006NGY9C?ie=UTF8&seller=A2HQHMZYQRCDRI&sn=piranha-tech

At £3.95, plus £1.94 postage, this is quite likely the best-value USB control pad on Amazon UK at this time. :p
wow, that is very cheap. It is also dog ugly! na well, i'll stick to my x-arcade, not exactly the same price though,,,,

Haha, it's not the world's prettiest controller, but it might be useful for having handy for impromptu multiplayer TV-out goodness. :D

'Prometheus' said:
'Kekerot' said:
I'm getting my multiplayer games together for just this reason. :D (For what it's worth, the hidden two-player duel game in Mega Man 7 is quite fun, as I've recently discovered. :lol: Klonoa Beach Volleyball on the PlayStation is also rather amusing.)

CODE

Well they looked good to me so I ordered 2 :) Thanks Prometheus.

Back