Gruso's Blog Slashdotted

Very crappy to hear. Thanks for backing it up for the 'just in case' scenario. I suspect the pics are stored in a binary format, large, and big to backup. The text would be a minimal part.

Thnx for taking so much effort to keep the blog alive.
The blog was really something to hold on while waiting for the Panda ;)

BackAssward said:
Very crappy to hear.  Thanks for backing it up for the 'just in case' scenario.  I suspect the pics are stored in a binary format, large, and big to backup.  The text would be a minimal part.
the pics are stored in a directory (wp-content), along with plugins, themes, etc. the main thing that's making this take so long is the 800 spam blogs which I marked as spam but never deleted. I want to make sure this works right so I'm getting everything :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently atomicthumbs' hosting provider broke everything installing some software.

I've done an emergency post on the old blog. http://openpandora.wordpress.com/

Gruso said:
Apparently atomicthumbs' hosting provider broke everything installing some software.

I've done an emergency post on the old blog. http://openpandora.wordpress.com/
Wow, they could not have chosen a more critical time, could they? Hope it's back up soon, it's THE most important source of information on Pandora (well, apart from the official page, that is).

Well, something has to go wrong to fuel and make it look like a scam!
Oh look it's shipping, wait the blog has disappeared uhmmmmm.......

Gruso said:
Fuck this is a nightmare. :(
It would be up by now but today is my brother's 15 birthday. I did work on it at school though, so it balances out. I might be able to get it going tonight

Oh, don't worry about the sidebar stuff either. Probably time all that high maintenance custom stuff got the boot, I'll look after the widgets.

1:22 AM. must sleep. blog will remain locked down until I can get the database properly sorted out (tomorrow, hopefully).

Back