Gstreamer-ti

i think adding gstream-ti to the Community Codec Package would be the best solution.

I still don't know how to let the user choose between using some memory for dsp or not.

is there a way that uboot can give the user a boot choice? or have some setting that can be set in the OS which will only be actioned on reboot i.e.

Code:
+---------------------------------+

| *  allocate ram to DSP          |

| o  do not allocate ram to DSP   |

|                                 |

|    [  ok  ]      [  cancel  ]   |

|   changes will take affect      |

|   on next boot                  |

|                                 |

|                  [  ok  ]       |

is there a way that uboot can give the user a boot choice? or have some setting that can be set in the OS which will only be actioned on reboot i.e.

Like this?

bootup.jpg

Already included and working on my unit. ;)

Thank you klaxon and notaz! Looking forward to trying this out.

As a side note, it puzzles me why TI would release things in such a bizarre and sloppy state. I was just watching the contents of the ti-xdctools-tree get unpacked, and it looks like they didn't even bother cleaning their working tree before zipping it up and calling it a release.

So again thanks for sorting through this mess and integrating everything so nicely.

I will release soon the plugin now the updated kernel and modules are out.

But mp3 decoder is not included in the firmware so the plugin won't use it.

I want to update gstream too but i'll do that later.

its not included but it is added with the community codec pack so please allow mp3 :) or at last support based on the codec pack.

The mp3 decoder, like some other codecs, needs registration from TI to be downloaded.

So i'm not sure we are allowed to include this one with the others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also it's now on you guys to help test and tweak this as I'm simply not finding the time with a pub refurb and reopen... I've finished the latest I have ever done on a Sat night shift tonight, I'll probably have an hour of freedom tomorrow before it's time to be getting ready for work again. Damn I wish I would get offered an interview...

The mp3 decoder, like some other codecs, needs registration from TI to be downloaded.

So i'm not sure we are allowed to include this one with the others.

I'll ask TI.

Once your modules are working fine, I'll include them in the community pack :)

Has anyone tried playing audio through the DSP non-stop until the battery runs out?

How long does/might it last?

Just wondering if anyone has encountered this build error building ti-dsplink-module and how they worked around it.

Code:
pder@izabella:/media/wd_1TB/paul/pandora/pandora-oe-environment(master)$ bitbake ti-dsplink-module

NOTE: Psyco JIT Compiler (http://psyco.sf.net) not available. Install it to increase performance.

NOTE: Handling BitBake files: - (8303/8303) [100 %]

Parsing of 8303 .bb files complete (7989 cached, 314 parsed). 8203 targets, 321 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.

NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies

NOTE: Preparing runqueue

NOTE: Executing runqueue

NOTE: Running task 492 of 742 (ID: 10, /media/wd_1TB/paul/pandora/pandora-oe-environment/metadata/openembedded.git/recipes/ti/ti-dsplink_1.65.00.03.bb, do_compile)

NOTE: package ti-dsplink-1_1_65_00_03-r26i: task do_compile: Started

| echo Generating DSP/BIOS configuration files ...

| Generating DSP/BIOS configuration files ...

| /usr//bin/perl /media/wd_1TB/paul/pandora/pandora-oe-environment/tmp/angstrom.5/work/omap3-pandora-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/ti-dsplink-1_1_65_00_03-r26i/dsplink_linux_1_65_00_03/dsplink/make/bin/runif.pl LINUX "exist /media/wd_1TB/paul/pandora/pandora-oe-environment/tmp/angstrom.5/work/omap3-pandora-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/ti-dsplink-1_1_65_00_03-r26i/dsplink_linux_1_65_00_03/dsplink/dsp/BUILD/OMAP3530_0/LOOP/BIOS_DEB" "rm -r -f  /media/wd_1TB/paul/pandora/pandora-oe-environment/tmp/angstrom.5/work/omap3-pandora-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/ti-dsplink-1_1_65_00_03-r26i/dsplink_linux_1_65_00_03/dsplink/dsp/BUILD/OMAP3530_0/LOOP/BIOS_DEB" ""

| /usr//bin/perl /media/wd_1TB/paul/pandora/pandora-oe-environment/tmp/angstrom.5/work/omap3-pandora-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/ti-dsplink-1_1_65_00_03-r26i/dsplink_linux_1_65_00_03/dsplink/make/bin/runif.pl LINUX "exist /media/wd_1TB/paul/pandora/pandora-oe-environment/tmp/angstrom.5/work/omap3-pandora-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/ti-dsplink-1_1_65_00_03-r26i/dsplink_linux_1_65_00_03/dsplink/dsp/BUILD/OMAP3530_0/LOOP/BIOS_DEB" "" "mkdir -p /media/wd_1TB/paul/pandora/pandora-oe-environment/tmp/angstrom.5/work/omap3-pandora-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/ti-dsplink-1_1_65_00_03-r26i/dsplink_linux_1_65_00_03/dsplink/dsp/BUILD/OMAP3530_0/LOOP/BIOS_DEB"

| "/media/wd_1TB/paul/pandora/pandora-oe-environment/tmp/angstrom.5/staging/omap3-pandora-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/share/ti/ti-xdctools-tree"/tconf  -Dconfig.importPath="/media/wd_1TB/paul/pandora/pandora-oe-environment/tmp/angstrom.5/staging/omap3-pandora-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/share/ti/ti-dspbios-tree/packages;/media/wd_1TB/paul/pandora/pandora-oe-environment/tmp/angstrom.5/staging/omap3-pandora-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/share/ti/ti-dspbios-tree/packages/ti/bios;/media/wd_1TB/paul/pandora/pandora-oe-environment/tmp/angstrom.5/work/omap3-pandora-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/ti-dsplink-1_1_65_00_03-r26i/dsplink_linux_1_65_00_03/dsplink/dsp/inc/DspBios;/media/wd_1TB/paul/pandora/pandora-oe-environment/tmp/angstrom.5/work/omap3-pandora-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/ti-dsplink-1_1_65_00_03-r26i/dsplink_linux_1_65_00_03/dsplink/dsp/inc/DspBios/5.XX/OMAP3530;/media/wd_1TB/paul/pandora/pandora-oe-environment/tmp/angstrom.5/work/omap3-pandora-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/ti-dsplink-1_1_65_00_03-r26i/dsplink_linux_1_65_00_03/dsplink/dsp/inc/DspBios/5.XX;/media/wd_1TB/paul/pandora/pandora-oe-environment/tmp/angstrom.5/work/omap3-pandora-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/ti-dsplink-1_1_65_00_03-r26i/dsplink_linux_1_65_00_03/dsplink/dsp/src/samples/loop;" -Dconfig.programName="/media/wd_1TB/paul/pandora/pandora-oe-environment/tmp/angstrom.5/work/omap3-pandora-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/ti-dsplink-1_1_65_00_03-r26i/dsplink_linux_1_65_00_03/dsplink/dsp/BUILD/OMAP3530_0/LOOP/BIOS_DEB/loop" /media/wd_1TB/paul/pandora/pandora-oe-environment/tmp/angstrom.5/work/omap3-pandora-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/ti-dsplink-1_1_65_00_03-r26i/dsplink_linux_1_65_00_03/dsplink/dsp/src/samples/loop/DspBios/5.XX/OMAP3530/loop.tcf 0

| js: "/media/wd_1TB/paul/pandora/pandora-oe-environment/tmp/angstrom.5/staging/omap3-pandora-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/share/ti/ti-xdctools-tree/include/utils.tci", line 433: Error: Environment variable 'config.programName'="/media/wd_1TB/paul/pandora/pandora-oe-environment/tmp/angstrom.5/work/omap3-pandora-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/ti-dsplink-1_1_65_00_03-r26i/dsplink_linux_1_65_00_03/dsplink/dsp/BUILD/OMAP3530_0/LOOP/BIOS_DEB/loop" contains the character '.', which is not allowed in a program name. Please, select a program name without '.' in its path. See SDOCM00050016 for more information.

| make[2]: *** [DspBios/5.XX/OMAP3530/loop.tcf.deb] Error 1

| make[2]: Leaving directory `/media/wd_1TB/paul/pandora/pandora-oe-environment/tmp/angstrom.5/work/omap3-pandora-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/ti-dsplink-1_1_65_00_03-r26i/dsplink_linux_1_65_00_03/dsplink/dsp/src/samples/loop/DspBios/5.XX/OMAP3530'

| make[1]: *** [objdeb] Error 2

| make[1]: Leaving directory `/media/wd_1TB/paul/pandora/pandora-oe-environment/tmp/angstrom.5/work/omap3-pandora-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/ti-dsplink-1_1_65_00_03-r26i/dsplink_linux_1_65_00_03/dsplink/dsp/src/samples/loop'

| make: *** [loop.objdeb] Error 2

| ERROR: Function do_compile failed

NOTE: package ti-dsplink-1_1_65_00_03-r26i: task do_compile: Failed

ERROR: TaskFailed event exception, aborting

ERROR: Build of /media/wd_1TB/paul/pandora/pandora-oe-environment/metadata/openembedded.git/recipes/ti/ti-dsplink_1.65.00.03.bb do_compile failed

ERROR: Task 10 (/media/wd_1TB/paul/pandora/pandora-oe-environment/metadata/openembedded.git/recipes/ti/ti-dsplink_1.65.00.03.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code 1

ERROR: '/media/wd_1TB/paul/pandora/pandora-oe-environment/metadata/openembedded.git/recipes/ti/ti-dsplink_1.65.00.03.bb' failed

ERROR: '/media/wd_1TB/paul/pandora/pandora-oe-environment/metadata/openembedded.git/recipes/ti/ti-dsplink_1.65.00.03.bb' failed

I don't know why having a period in a path matters (the problem is the period in angstrom.5) but here is how I got around it.

I added this line to tmp/angstrom.5/staging/omap3-pandora-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/share/ti/ti-xdctools-tree/include/utils.tci on line 431

Code:
	env = env.replace(/\./g, "_");

Then I created a symlink from angstrom_5 to angstrom.5 and everything built fine after that.

Ugly, so wondering what's the correct way to fix this.

Has anyone tried playing audio through the DSP non-stop until the battery runs out?

How long does/might it last?

I think right now it will not make much of a difference, but with the new 3.2 kernel it will probably make a very big difference.

Here a pnd which will install the plugin ti-gstreamer and totem, a media player which uses gstreamer.

It will install this to the nand, exactly like the community package does so you can remove this after the installation.

You can try videos with totem or with gst-launch-0.10 playbin2 -v uri=absolute_path_of_the_file on the command line to have more information.

The codec community package must be installed and you must use the special boot for DSP.

Codecs : MPEG4 encoder and decoder (so Xvid and DivX), H.264 encoder and decoder, MPEG2 decoder, JPEG encoder and decoder, AAC decoder.

ti-gstreamer.pnd

Attachments

• ti-gstreamer.pnd
    1.5 MB · Views: 320
Hi klaxon,

Thank you very much for your work on the DSP :)

I've downloaded the PND, but it wont show up in the menus or on the desktop...

When I try to start it from the CLI with "pnd_run", nothing happens...

What am I doing wrong ?

Bye, and thanks again !

Magic Sam