Gta : Lcs Is Version 2.00 !!!!! :d

CUPC4KES posted on Oct 25 2005 at 11:34 AM said:
are you saying that the gta iso is out there?????
An ISO of my grandma is out there on the internet. Come on, get with the times :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just purchased GTA:LCS and I need to upgrade to version 2.00. I have a Jap unit so I assume I need the Jap firmware? Where is a reliable place to get the Jap V2.00 firmware? Is psp-hacks.com trustworthy?

CUPC4KES posted on Oct 25 2005 at 11:34 AM said:
are you saying that the gta iso is out there?????
An ISO of my grandma is out there on the internet. Come on, get with the times :D

it was a subtle way of asking the whereabouts of the iso in question, at the time i wrote that there were a lot of fakes about. <_<

no point in the iso as it does not work with any loaders,

what do people think of this gta game, im pretty blown away just wish i could turn the clock speed up alittle.

:)

Seeing as I'm trapped indoors with an evil case of tonsillitis I've had a good chance to play it and I'm still in a state of disbelief, its amazing how well they've ported it and managed to give it a degree of individuality at the same time.

The only thing which is a little dissapointing are the radio stations, I was expecting the music to be a little more recognisable, however Double Clef FM is fantastic for rolling around in a Leone Sentinel doing drive bys.

Once you get into it and become accustomed to the delicate controls it's just like playing any other GTA.

the music on the Rap station is the only Music I have herd of...

The game is amazing, oh and its not a direct port, it was re written from the ground up..

Also the Graphics just kick ass... I mean, it looks just like GTA3 on the PS2!!!!!!!!! :D

the music on the Rap station is the only Music I have herd of...

The game is amazing, oh and its not a direct port, it was re written from the ground up..

Also the Graphics just kick ass... I mean, it looks just like GTA3 on the PS2!!!!!!!!! :D

My mistake.

As for the Music, just looked it up, you have to convert CD's using rockstars own compression app and then let it transfer the music for you. I haven't tried it yet as it seems like too much hassle at the minute. Apparently you can only use official CD's and not your own compilations which seems a little unlikely unless it uses an online database.

you can use your own compilation CD's.... I ripped the music from GTA SA ages ago and burned it to CD, 2 nights ago I used the Rockstar Converter thing and it worked Perfectly :D.... Now Im listening to GTA SA Music on GTA LCS :D hehe...

I think when it says Official CD's, it means a CD that will play in a CD Player and not say a MP3 CD etc :)

but its great, fitted 20 tracks onto my 32mb card (took 29mb up total)... I realy need a 1gb card :D

stil waitin for my copy to arrive from VG+ :-( ordered it last monday. fingers crossed it will turn up monday morning

Damn that's rotten. It'll be worth the wait mate. I've upgraded to v2.00 now and am mightily impressed with GTA:LCS. The controls are a bit iffy but like Twimfy said once you get used to them it's fine.

yeah i was wondering how they'd handle the controls without the R2 & L2 i know the right analog's not really that important cuz that only changes the view, cant remember what the R2 & L2 did.

Please Mr postman if your read these boards shift your ass and get it delivered lol

Gaz.

stil waitin for my copy to arrive from VG+ :-( ordered it last monday. fingers crossed it will turn up monday morning

Damn that's rotten. It'll be worth the wait mate. I've upgraded to v2.00 now and am mightily impressed with GTA:LCS. The controls are a bit iffy but like Twimfy said once you get used to them it's fine.

Iv'e upgraded now too, when I did though I had a really strange experience...

used the Demo disc that came with my PSP for the version 2.00 update, when I selected the update icon it started as normal but here's the strange bit, there was no text on screen whatsoever! the direction arrows and X O were present but no text so i had to guess what options i was selecting. :unsure:

After a bit of jiggling round I managed to get the update started but again no text was present just the white bar center screen filling up, not even the percentage was present :eek:

Im relieved to report that it worked fine :) although I did have to press the O button to rebuild after the update had finished (same as when I downgraded).

This morning I got a knock at my door, when I opened it I saw my mate standing there with a copy of GTA LCS his PSP and Demo Disc, it seems he was having the same problem updating as I was last night, for some reason though we couldnt get past the first screen on his (he had already played around with it) so as a last resort we took his memory stick out and restored the PSP to factory settings.

It worked like a charm! No having to guess what option your selecting, all text present and correct. :D

Thought i'd share this with everyone just in case anyone else experiences the problem.

On a different note I have got MP3s working in GTA LCS! I just followed this guide, it looks complicated but is really simple, in a nutshell you download the first prog "Magic Iso" and use that to make a BIN and CUE file from your compilation of MP3s you then Mount the image with "Daemon Tools" which fools your pc into thinking you have a CD in the drive then use the "Rockstar" prog to transfer from the PC to PSP. A lot easier than the guide makes it look.

Am now burning round Liberty City to the sounds of The Kaiser Chiefs, The Killers, Mylo, Basement Jaxx, Faithless.

Whats on your car stereo?

just got the game this morning put cant play it yet as im at work so cant update till i get home to 2.00. noticed that it says that its only multiplayer with ad-hoc! so its not online multiplayer then? its just if u find some1 else with a copy then u play against them? THAT SUCKS!!

yeah i had that problem when i upgraded the other week i just pressed a few buttons and it started updating lol

i think i'll do a factory reset tonight tho before i update to 2.00 for GTA. Cant friggin wait :-D especially if that xlink has a few people on it.

GTA LCS is scaring me now, occasionaly it crashes locking the PSP so the only way to reset is to power off using the switch or removing the battery, when switched back on I have to rebuild the system data, this has happened twice now, both times we're when I get a phone call in game. He picks up the phone but is then stuck like that.

Back