Guy Who Wants To Sue Gamepark, Gph, Me & Ed

I wouldn't sweat it too much. You can't sue over the 'idea of a PEP' because the concept has already been done so many times before. He'd have to sue hundreds of companies! His ideas have no relation at all to the GP32, GP2X or XGP products; none use x86 processors, and neither GP nor GPH could pick 'the wrong processor' by using ARM9 units, since the systems were based on integrated 'System-on-a-Chip's from Samsung and Magiceyes-- they had very little say in what actually went into the hardware due to the SoCs.

If he claims his business model was ripped off, there is no physical aspect of it to steal, and GP/GPH do not operate even similarly to how he describes. WINE was never mentioned at anytime in the development or marketing of the final GP32 or GP2X units, and there are no projects to port WINE to the machines.

Let him have his fun; I can't imagine a court in the world that'll hear the case.

PSyMastR posted on Sep 13 2006 at 08:48 AM said:
I have a feeling that subcon is the guy and is just trying to see how far he can get the community spurred up.

Last edited by a moderator:
PSyMastR posted on Sep 13 2006 at 06:48 AM said:
I have a feeling that subcon is the guy and is just trying to see how far he can get the community spurred up.
You're a genius :rolleyes:

We'll if its not bs then keep an eye out for what the device will be called...I'll spread the word not to buy it.

Sue me for that idea, b***h! :p

I bet it`s subcon... lol.
But seriously, if he finds some idiot lawyer who will take on his case for making money out of the poor chap, then it will get messy. He will certainly cause a lot of costs.

I think it's bargain bassments. He is just trying to get us all stirred up.

Or maybe he thinks that if he causes enough fuss, then people will settle out of court. Either way, after reading his blogs it is clear to anyone that he has no chance. I doubt whether anyone will take his case, it's crazy. He has no patent, and is suing for something built BEFORE he filed his patent.

How does the GP2x attract these nutters. He will be telling us all next he has a megadrive emu working... (old story...)

thrashmonkey posted on Sep 13 2006 at 11:37 AM said:
Take a look at Geoffrey's posts on http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-il@cs.hu...l/msg44204.html, for it is he.

Now, that's nice :)
Some commenting from me on his posts:

The software does not do what they say it will, the SDK isn't really
there, they just copied marcom docs and a business plan from someone
and can't get it together to acutaly provide anything beyond hardware.

Except for the MPEG and WMV at first, it does all they claim. And... errm... there are tons of SDKs there.

Did you ever wonder how their dual processor ARM device would run Windows programs under Linux
using Cygwin?

I didn't even know that their dual processor ARM device was designed to run Windows programs under Linux using Cygwin ;)

Did I miss something? :D

Last edited:
nooo, icurafu ! Don't get me started either! :p

By the way, here's Geoffery:
gsm.jpg

Source

Well, he's got the beard of a Linux fanatic. :lol: Seriously, there was no potential for GPH to steal anything from this guy. The GP2X is essentially MagicEyes' reference platform example for the MMSP2 used as a "PMP", you can see notes about it on their site.. crammed onto a smaller board with some controls, a screen, some RAM and NAND Flash ICs, and a couple of speakers. If he wants to take Magiceyes to court, he can have fun, but I'm pretty sure they designed their 'platform' before this guy claims his little machine was planned out.

EvilDragon posted on Sep 13 2006 at 05:50 AM said:
thrashmonkey posted on Sep 13 2006 at 11:37 AM said:
Did you ever wonder how their dual processor ARM device would run Windows programs under Linux
using Cygwin?

I didn't even know that their dual processor ARM device was designed to run Windows programs under Linux using Cygwin ;)

Did I miss something? :D

Hell, I didn't know that Cygwin was designed to run windows programs under Linux. That would be WINE and its offshoots.

Cygwin is the other way around, jagoff!

I feel so sorry for this guy, he's clearly dillusional. For a start it isn't his kid, it's mine. Just ask the Child Support Agency (tm) and I hope his wheelchair dosn't have a flux-capacitor for time-traveling as I have that patented. :lol:

On one hand we have 1 guy: this "geoffstechno".

On the other hand we have a few 1000 of diehard GPxx fans, and atleast a few 10000 of GPxx users that care.

Add a nice arena and place your bets? (Come on, someone could make a nice game out of that!)

Posted a reply to the guy's blog that I think covers all the major arguments .. if he still wants to continue this, he's clearly insane, or a scam artist.

critical posted on Sep 13 2006 at 05:52 AM said:
This guy's device seems like it'll be using something like a Geode NX1500 CPU, going by the guy's comments about an x86-based platform that's produced by AMD (and formerly Nat Semi) with a 1GHz clock. This chip is quoted at 6W, which is very little compared to most other x86 chips, but for a portable that's still insane, isn't it?
It wouldn't make much sense next to a 1000MHz ARM11 part with a power rating below 1 watt.

Yes as above. Was about to mention about the spec

With a 1gHz PIII equivalent processor, we felt we really did not need
undocumented video acceleration chips. The proof of concept units
have a 667 mHz processor which decodes MP1/2/4 video fine, MP3's,
and played quite nicely DOS, MAME, native Linux and Windows games.

Not being a hardware expert and just a consumer, I thought intel type chips were power hogs. Battery power in a gp2x is bad but this would be something else????

Can we stop the wheelchair jokes? It really isn't funny.

6W includes intergrated memory.

5 extra watt for an entire system is quite reasonable for a performance driven handheld. That is, if you're comparing ARM11 to Geode NX.

Back