The Guy That Sells Gp32 Dvds On Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrGp32DVD posted on Dec 31 2004 at 05:05 PM said:
I have had my auction removed from ebay due to complaints.

I thought you told us that eBay checked and found your DVD legal?
Why should eBay remove it then? Hrrrmm...

Instead of taking such action those concerned have now removed any further options relating to this collection.I made many offers and was going to bring the price right down and upload the image to this site.
Now I really feel that I dont wish to help such foolish people.

Sigh... okay guys, if anyone is interested in a copy of the complete GP32x File Archive, all stuff categorized and sorted, drop me an eMail...

I will offer it to another gp32 site instead.Those that helped bring it down should not benefit from it.

Oooh, I'm scared. What makes you sure we won't download it and offer it HERE on this site?

I really hope this community sorts out something otherwise its bye bye gp32 in <2 years.

You know what? Every few months we get some guys like you telling us that.
Interestingly, the community is as wealthy as ever.

There are so many people selling gp32s on ebay just because they get bored through limited and hard to find content.

Hard to find?
Did you ever check out my GP32x File Archive?

I created it because there wasn't a good downloading site - that was two months ago.

Now it exists - over 400 files categorized.
The constantly rising visits shows me, people do use it.

If anyone doesn't find content for the GP32, he / she has never visited THIS site.
There are LOTS of links in the FAQs to collections.

I hope you realise what u NOT achieved here!

I doubt you'll have stuff I don't have lying around on my harddisk.
And I'm going to upload it all onto my archive - FOR FREE!
Lots of rare stuff already up there.

What I find kind of funny is that you want mature talk and behave very childish.

"Waaah! They won't let me make money from my DVD, so I'm not gonna offer it for free! Waaah!"

Very mature.

Im happy because I have enough content to keep me busy on my Gp32 for years yet!

I'm sure everyone else here has, too.
You know, usually, you only need a few games / emulators at once.
And if you get bored, you can download new stuff.

You don't need all at once.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
He plainly doesn't, or he wouldn't keep sending them!
If (?) you are a mature person why are u acting like a retarded kid???

Think about it!

I rest my case.

Oh yes......GOR isnt on the DVD.
It was tested and personally I thought it was rubbish,so it didnt go on.

If I was you I would learn to code properly before calling yourself a Dev.
C++ isnt that hard you noob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im a professional coder myself and I find all of this soooooo silly!
My work gets copied all the time!
I still get paid so I dont care!
You guys bitch about something u spend hardly any time coding and release for free!
Note that the REAL devs dont mind!

:lol: :lol:

EvilDragon
Firstly,
I like your site its one of the best..shame your reply was silly in places.

In reply........
Yeah Ive seen your collection and as much as it is impressive it is not very complete compared to mine.Tbh It also has alot of rubbish in it.I have loads (and then some!) more to be honest,from all over the world,some of it never released online.Included is some of my own stuff also.
This stuff isnt available anywhere else.I appreciate that you havent uploaded everything,so Im hoping that you will finish that soon.I appreciate the fact that it is time consuming.The trouble being is alot is not available anywhere.
Had the attitude been better you would have had it.Thats your loss!

My DVD has been taken off ebay because of some complaints not because of the legal side.No doublt someone else will start selling it for afew months before they also get kicked off by lamers.
I imagine people from this forum made the complaints as everyone who bought one has been very pleased with it.Ive had so many thank you emails.Many from people who were going to sell their GP32!
Sadly alot of your members,like Goity,seem to have the wrong idea about the DVD despite my offers of uploading it to u.

In regard to you copying the stuff from another site and not being scared!
What a silly comment to make!
Im hardly trying to scare you!
I came on this forum to try to understand what the problem is and resolve it!
I have been treated like a terrorist!
Even though the item isnt on ebay anymore alot of people are still ordering it!
Not everyone wants the hassle of the downloading,that why its so popular!
Im not going to tell you how many Ive sold in case it is attempted to be used against me but its ALOT more than u guys probably think!
It has taken up alot of time per week and still is!
The demand and the need is there.

The reason alot of people tell you of the limited life of GP32 is because it is TRUE!
Dont fool yourself because you are deeply involved with it yourself.
Alot of the community buy the gp32 because of the free stuff.
Trouble is alot of the free stuff is poor and wont keep people happy for very long at all.
Alot of the better Gp32 coders are now moving onto more powerful platforms and do not intend to code for it anymore.We now have some much more powerful handhelds.
The GP32 will not survive if things carry on the way they are.
Trust me on this Ive been in this industry for a long long time.
Downloads for poor homegrown stuff will not help at all!
You need decent coders for GP32 or you can forget it!
Neebie coders do not fit into this at all!

You say :-What I find kind of funny is that you want mature talk and behave very childish.

"Waaah! They won't let me make money from my DVD, so I'm not gonna offer it for free! Waaah!" Very mature.

Theres nothing imature about me not having time to do this for free!
I didnt "Waaah!" once I just stated a fact.
If you wanna see imature u should see some of your members messages via this forum and ebay! Thats why I added that in.When you think about it I hardly needed to even respond to this forum!
The time I spend doing the DVD's is time where I could spend making almost 10 times the amount of money.
I dont get much leisure time either (lots of deadlines)so Im hardly going to give up all my leisure time to help out the GP32 world for free!
Hosting it is different...you only do it once!
Ive been spending 8 hours or so a week getting these DVD orders ready!
Only a student or school kid could do this for free

You seem to feel that everyone who has a GP32 is PC literate.
That is simply not the case!
Many people who bought the DVD have commented on how hard it is to get worthwhile software.The worthwhile bit is the key here!
You only see those who already have a good idea of what they are doing on the PC.Otherwise they wouldnt be able to use this forum!
Alot of people find they get put off by the poor content and simply dont bother again.Thats why you get GP32's being sold alot on ebay (however said you dont obviously doesnt check ebay very often!).
When you consider the small number of them out there it puts this in context.

I would suggest that you offer a DVD/CD with the better content to combat people selling on ebay (It will continue as long as there is demand!).
This way you are practising what you preach.
I will be your 1st customer!
I would love a DVD like that for £2!
Have you got 8 hours a week to give away for free everyweek?
On top of that dont forget all those emails advising people on how to use it all!
So I guess you are looking at 10 hours minimum per week...

I look forward to the outcome!
Maybe this forum thread wasnt such a waste of time afterall...........

I think the irony is that he thinks that his DVD did more for the community than gp32x.de.

Now, when you google GP32, or use GP32 as a google keyword, which comes up first? His ebay DVDs? I think not. :p

he really is stupid.
ED has some crap on his because he is trying to make it complete, idiot
8 hours, tragic ;)
the gp32 is not going to have limited life, it is the most sucessful underground console, and the easiest handheld to develop for. It is open source so can be officially developed for for free.
There are no other consoles like this, therefore no competition, and no danger of development stopping

This is one of the very helpful and informative PM's I got from Goity.
Considering he is a member of the GP32 harcore group (!) I find this very sad!

If (?) you are a mature person why are u acting like a retarded kid???

Think about it!

I'm technically a dev, I made gor! I complain!
This has everything to do with us! most of the gp32 developers browse this forum regularly!
HELLO? THIS IS WRONG! IT'S ILLEGAL!

This has everything to do with us! most of the gp32 developers browse this forum regularly!

--------------------

Lets make a port of geepee32 for the gp32!

VISIT PPSTUFF.TK! with now added gp32-ness
www.gpgp.tk!
two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left

All consoles have a limited lifetime, really...

Of course, when you've got something as flexible as the GP32, you get what I like to refer to as the Dreamcast effect, where even years after Dreamcast is officially confirmed dead, there are consoles still being sold, and devs still building homebrew software which is looking more and more impressive.

Also, it's intriguing that he says people buy it for the free stuff, but buy his DVD because the free stuff isn't very good, when his CD contains 100% free stuff... :unsure:

EDIT: What's with the repeatingness? :blink:

EDIT 2: If they're being sold regularly on ebay, doesn't that mean people are buying them as well as selling them, doesn't this mean a regular introduction of new people to the scene in about the same regularity as those who sell the console end it. Besides, surely those who are hooked on old consoles and devices, and would buy this sort of thing from ebay are the ones that are going to be more interested in the scene. Ebay has a pretty big retro gamer society.

to get the message through to his brainless head

he really is stupid.
ED has some crap on his because he is trying to make it complete, idiot
8 hours, tragic ;)
the gp32 is not going to have limited life, it is the most sucessful underground console, and the easiest handheld to develop for. It is open source so can be officially developed for for free.
There are no other consoles like this, therefore no competition, and no danger of development stopping

Omg Goity you just keep talking rubbish dont you!

Everything you said is stupid (as per usual!)

Firstly....what is the point of having a complete collection of crap!?
People hardly want it and after downloading it and deleting it people tend to not bother downloading from that source again!
You say 8 hours a week is tragic! Hardly! Its just alot of time for nothing when you have a busy life.

The GP32 is the only underground console and due to its limited numbers can hardly be viewed as sucessful.
The pro coders are not attracted to it,so the market is very limited.The bulk of the homegrown stuff will not appeal to many people for more than 5 minutes.
Im sure I will always keep and use mine but I dont think the average gamer will.
Especially now there are vastly more powerful handhelds out there.

Thats my main point!
This platform needs far better support!
Your constant stupid comments just cloud the issue!
I dont think you quite understand where Im coming from...if you do then god help you!

I was saying 8 hours a week is nothing dumbass.
The platform couldn't have better support! We have some of the best Arm asm guru's out there!
There may be more powerful consoles, but none of these are open source!
ED wants a full catalog of games, not just good ones!
GP32 is very successful, for a small korean company!
It is not aimed at the general gamer, none of them are currently alive due to being addicted to GTA;SA

EAT THAT!

Omg Goity you just keep talking rubbish dont you!

Everything you said is stupid (as per usual!)
A little immature, don't you think. Besides, I thought you were ignoring immature comments, rather than responding exclusively to Goity.

I agree, this platform needs far better support. What it doesn't need however, is to have it's few good coders being put off because some freeloader who only puts in 8 hours a week max is getting rich off of programs they've worked on for much longer, and offer to the community for free.
Besides, you're continuing to ignore the fact that what you were doing (selling another person's work at a profit) was illegal, and against the terms and conditions of ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back