Guy Who Wants To Sue Gamepark, Gph, Me & Ed

AdamK posted on Sep 13 2006 at 05:38 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Sep 13 2006 at 05:20 PM said:
OMars posted on Sep 13 2006 at 06:18 PM said:
This guy proves the Jewish stereotype. They are said to be cheap, and this just proves it. :lol:

You are an asshole.
Ditto.

EDIT: oh and sehs33 I'm Jewish and I don't find South Park's Jew bashing to be very funny at all. Mean != Funny.
Come on, on south park they make fun of "terrorists" and I really don't care, the creators of the show hate everybody equally. :) Whenever I tell people I'm Iraqi they ask me if I have met Saddam Hussein, I just ignore it. You people need to relax! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's just that I don't find South Park very funny in general most of the time. "Hey, let's take a current event and shoehorn it into some impossible situation, and change a few names when needed, and call it 'satire'! It's genius!"

AdamK posted on Sep 14 2006 at 01:38 AM said:
TelcoLou posted on Sep 13 2006 at 05:20 PM said:
OMars posted on Sep 13 2006 at 06:18 PM said:
This guy proves the Jewish stereotype. They are said to be cheap, and this just proves it. :lol:

You are an asshole.
Ditto.

EDIT: oh and sehs33 I'm Jewish and I don't find South Park's Jew bashing to be very funny at all. Mean != Funny.

I really don't know what part of JUST KIDDING wasn't clear guys?

you know what? I agree with you South Park is so mean, crosses all lines, rude, but with all that, it is so funny, if you don't find it so, it is ok with me, cause you are free to laugh at whatever you want, as I am free to laugh at what I find funny.

Now, can we all laugh at that stupid creature who knows nothing about anything from hardware to patency? :)

Edit: I don't recall any episodes where South Park creators changed any names, thery are simply bold, and as OMars said, they hate everybody equally. I respect your hate to South Park, so I will stop talking about it.

OMars posted on Sep 13 2006 at 11:18 PM said:
If we're gonna start seeing statements like this then a thread lock would be a good idea.

subcon959 posted on Sep 13 2006 at 05:50 PM said:
If we're gonna start seeing statements like this then a thread lock would be a good idea.
Read the rest, don't be lazy. ;)

I heard the scots are the cheap ones. And english in general can't cook, and germans don't have a sense of humor.

Political Correctnes is the worst ailment to strike the civilization since the Black Death.

Jarska333 posted on Sep 13 2006 at 06:58 PM said:
I heard the scots are the cheap ones. And english in general can't cook, and germans don't have a sense of humor.

Political Correctnes is the worst ailment to strike the civilization since the Black Death.

I agree, however the comment in and of itself was out of place at best. This is why we get the reputation 'round here for not being able to carry on an intelligent discussion without resorting to childish insults and crass humor.

Way to go, you pack of pricks. :p

OMars posted on Sep 13 2006 at 11:51 PM said:
subcon959 posted on Sep 13 2006 at 05:50 PM said:
Read the rest, don't be lazy. ;)
I read the whole thread before I posted, don't worry.

OMars posted on Sep 13 2006 at 11:50 PM said:
Let's ask what Craigix thinks.....

Well, i have to say i think south park is funny, but not as funny as family guy.

I don't know if this guy has built a prototype yet but here's a few helpful tips:

1). Buy a Samsung Q1.

2). Remove Windows XP.

3). Install DSL.

4). Install WINE.

5). Get filled with the warm glow of a job well done. :)

Epicenter posted on Sep 13 2006 at 10:21 PM said:
OMars posted on Sep 13 2006 at 05:18 PM said:
Give a little more consideration to what you're saying than that, OMars; that's an extremely ignorant viewpoint. Didn't you also believe 'Loose Change', the shitty 9/11 conspiracy theory video whose creators/affiliates blamed the Jews for every negative event in history, from the extinction of the dinosaurs to both world wars to causing them to get a sprite instead of a coke at McDonalds.

Ah yes the 911 conspiracy theory video. Yes that was insane. So was that "path to 9/11" propaganda thing, the problem with that is they actually put the last one on TV as fact.

The "funny" thing is that conservatives blame Clinton for *everything* :p

9/11 - Clinton's fault.

National debt - Clinton's fault.

Katrina - Clinton's fault.

Bunyan on Bush's foot - Clinton's fault.

Earphone jack falling off of the GP2X - Clinton's fault.

Somehow maybe this guy will somehow tie Clinton in with the idea that GP/GPH stole his idea.

Looks like the world is full of nuts ;)

Tthis guy has undermined his legal case by engaging in petty back and forth with the internets. The GP2x resellers all know it's coming if he does bother to start some legal action.

I wouldn't worry about the potential costs arising from this shit. Enough has already been said to form a counter argument which even the courts could understand.

Heh, international copyright law. To protect aspects of a business plan.

Heh, this guy reminds me of that nutjob that only
wanted to talk to japanese programmers.

Apples and oranges, thats what this is, although
im only comparing the systems, the marketing plans im not
sure about. I doubt you can call a few mag articles and
word of mouth as a marketing plan worth copyrighting.

-Twixn-

I just realised another thing in May 2004 this story hit the net. A handheld x86 based games console. Then in December 2004 this guy claims he talked to Gamepark.

It look's like Via should be suing him for ripping off their idea and passing it off as his own.

scanti posted on Sep 14 2006 at 12:44 PM said:
I just realised another thing in May 2004 this story hit the net. A handheld x86 based games console. Then in December 2004 this guy claims he talked to Gamepark.

It look's like Via should be suing him for ripping off their idea and passing it off as his own.

And then trying to use it as a basis for extortion.

-Twixn-

No we Scots aren't cheap, ask your mum what I got her last christmas ;) . On A more serious note, why hasn't anyone asked this idiot for names of the SUPPOSED theives? Surely he'd know them if he was mean't to be going into business with these guys. Maybe instead of living his life on the internet he should; Go out and get some excercise, buy a gillette mach 3 for the closest possible shave and seek some mental help. Failing that jump in front of VERY big vehicle (while it's moving obviously).

Moxie posted on Sep 13 2006 at 10:26 PM said:
...the first idea is not, "oh, so they went and did something else", but rather "They've taken my idea (Handheld, linux) that I explained to them, but they got it wrong!"

Another example from his latest blog: "If you are aware of the device in question look at the original focus of the device. It was not a media player, it was a game computability device. They dropped that later because they could not do it. The CPU was the wrong type and too slow."

Great post, by the way, Moxie.

This next GeoffQuote is about www.gp2x.co.uk and www.gp2x.de with regards to 'stolen' text content. He suggests that it is in the 'gaming part'. Whatever that is.

"While you are looking at your sites, look at the gaming part of it. You missed something big. I'm not going to clue you in on it, but it was a key part of the business plan."

??

This is very confusing. It seems that if I was a reseller of a device for a company that 'stole' an idea and the company gave me marketing material, I could then be sued for stealing the marketing material. That is just too much :blink:

Back