GXE / GXC files

Magic Knight

just got pinball dreams and dungeon&guarder from entware, great stuff and dirt cheap

can't launch them from windups :( euro fw and standard fw can deal with them fine but i dont want to boot into those shitty fw every time...

is there anything that can run .gxe or .gxc files ? yafl doesnt do them either, cheers

NO (i think) they 'should' be encryted with your GP32 serial number or something hence offical firmware is the only thing that can play it. Unless you crack the software, at present there is no other way to play it.

No, they only run from Standard FW (they MAY also run from pacrom, but's it not very likely)

Use the Multifirmware and you're set :)

my euro firmware can boot com. games or progs it will list in the [PLAY] (at last object ) but it dont work i know because it a com. game i found it to downlod in the web and of ofcurse i load it [but it have work one time]

I seem to remember GPFM having decryption code in it, so maybe that can run commercial games? I've not tested it - just seen the code which looks like it may support it.

GPFM has code in there, but it doesn't compile 'cos it's missing a library or two. I don't think the code was ever completed as GPFM doesn't seem to load commercial apps.

Is it REALLY that much of a problem to bott into the official FW?
I don't know about botting to the original FW, but I think that booting to the orignial FW isn't a real problem, but I can see why people would consider it a problem: they want to be able to run everything from one FW that they really like, like Wind-Ups.

Last edited by a moderator:
yup, you got it Azure, for me - windups is the one as i can see everything on one screen without messing around

so sadly, no little icon for pinball dreams any more - even though the demo worked fine

pacrom will run both dungeon&guarder and pinball dreams - i'm not going to default to pacrom so will just have to come out of windups and into fw157e++

seeing as pacrom runs them fine - i'm hoping the 1.0 release of windups will support this and i'll be a happy bunny, cheers !

Back