Gxe Support In Geepee32

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
I fiddled around a bit with geepee32 but am having one last problem...

Everything works fine (fxe's, self-created smc's, etc.).
Everything, except GXEs.

I have two commercial games from joygp: Pinball Dreams and Super Plusha.
Both are encrypted for my GP32.

Using makesmc, I create a virtual SMC (the directory structure is okay, all needed files are there).

Using GPS2, I can save the PDUID as iic.bin in the geepee32 directory (as stated in various tutorials) and geepee32 should then have the same PDUID as my GP32.

But when I try loading any of these two games, the geepee32 behaves exactly as if the PDUID on this machine is wrong.

I tried it using the fw157e, Aquafish 4.8, and the official European firmware...

Anybody has any idea what I'm doing wrong?

U EVIL WAREZ USER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

only kidding ;)

If i remember corectly the geepee32 is set as fireflys PDUID and the iic.bin wont chance the PDUID from firefly's thats why its saying its not registerd to that ID.

You will have to talk to firefly to see what can be done.

Altho i could see something happening in the future where someone gets a ID and all the games to run on the PC when the emu is full speed.

but thats later down the track so talk to firefly best way is on IRC ;)

:ph34r:

as far as i know you can only use gxe's that are encryptet to smcid. but talk to firefly, i bet he can help

Okay, thanks, I'll do this :)

If anyone wants to know why I want to do this:

I'm planning of making my news a bit nicer, featuring screenshots and so on.
Works nice on homebrewn games :)

But I recently saw a post about GPFight - apparently, there are still some new commercial games coming out.
And as they aren't too expensive and worth the news, I thought about buying the new ones and taking screenshots for our frontpage :)

Okay, as I got some PMs what may work, I'm going to lock this thread before anyone REALLY misuses it as warez platform.

You'll see if it works out if you see some nice screens of new commercial games on the newspage :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back