Half-Assed Review Because Mine Is At Ebay Now

DaMummy said:
in your ebay link, it states the warranty ends in 2 years, afaik, warranty is only 1 year
There is a thing in Germany called "Gewährleistung" which is 2 years mandatory for electronical devices. It is a bit more tricky than normal warranty (you have to proof that the device was faulty) but even that is different in any country. I asked EvilDragon and it's not going to be a problem. And of course OpenPandora Ltd themselves give 1 year of warranty to any Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
does this mean i should have ordered from ed and not from craig?

You would not have gotten it as non german. In this case, in the worst case, the foreign buyer could sent the unit back to me and I could get "my" Gewährleistung.

International laws are so ugh. :)

[sorry for the OT]

skeezix: maybe a better thing to do would be to build an application that shows the log files properly, that is a bit more newbie friendly? I don't think there is anything wrong with PND apps having their own logfiles in tmp/, its just that its *very* fiddly for a newbie/non-cmd-line-user to work out whats going on.

If instead there was an app in the Menu called "Logfile Viewer" that properly sorted the log files and gave updates when something happened (i.e. you could run it in the background) it'd be a lot nicer. IOW, I think there is just a new 'system-level' GUI missing to make the logfiles/PND system a bit more friendly when things go pear-shaped with a user.PND ..

A Good Review. The biggest problem I see that applies to me is the screen angle. I agree that neither 90 or 180 degrees are particular comfortable viewing angles.

Back