Handheld Dilemma

int32

Still Fresh
I've been visiting this forum for a while now trying to keep upto date with all the latest Wiz news. I first came across the Wiz several months back and decided to pre-order one. I couldn't wait to get my hands on it - it's shiney, plays emulators, plays movies and it isn't made by Sony.

After three delays and a long wait I'm totally deflated about Wiz release. After borrowing a friends DS Lite for a few days I'm tempted to cancel my pre-order, nip down to the shops and come home with a DS - no waiting, no delays, just instant gaming satisfaction.

Do we really think the Wiz will be out at the end of April or am I going to be dissapointed again?

Somebody please refuel my Wiz anticipation before I buy a DS, I can't justify having both!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Wiz looks interesting to me. I am probably going to wait and see about that weird resolution problem the Wiz is having.

I have no idea about delays but, the DS and Wiz are quite different beasts. I don't think getting a DS will satiate your hunger for something Wiz-like.

If you already have your heart set on the Wiz. Just wait for it. For me though, I would wait to see some reviews on it.

I reccomend you get a DS since it's has cool GB/GBC's emulators(better than was on GP2X) and native GBA games support. Also has a giant list of games for it.

@op I know what you mean.

When I heard about Wiz it looked like a nice performance upgrade from my GP2X, smaller, faster, better.
But, all the stuff Ive read about Wiz's performance has really blown the wind out of it for me, the long delays have given me time to consider if its a worthy purchase. At the moment I'm in the wait-and-see group but tending towards, meh.

I guess Wiz will still be good as a replacement if/when my 2X dies?

Being someone who already owns a Wiz, I would wait. It's a lovely little machine with an awesome screen. plus you will never get all the home brew and emulators on the DS that you will be getting on the Wiz.

Don't be too disheartened by any delays, look upon them as extra quality control and any delay will surely make the Wiz a better product :)

Somebody please refuel my Wiz anticipation before I buy a DS, I can't justify having both!
[/quote]
hi ,I don't know if this will reignite your hunger for a wiz but i have recently been getting into the ds emu scene and the ds is not that good at doing emulation (granted it does speccy, nes and megadrive pretty well) ,I have had problems with snes emulation and playing videos gives a really grainy quality .I would say wait for the wiz as this machine seems more suited to homebrew emu and generally seems to do a lot more in terms of applications ,anyhow all the best ,miike

Thanks guys.

I logged into play-asia and was so close to removing my order. I stopped myself and am resigned to waiting till the release date, whats another 4 weeks!

Sorry to dig up a slightly stale post but I've just read a thread that mentions screen tearing.

Does anyone who has more information than me know if this will badly effect the usage of the Wiz? I'm starting to waver again!

just go and read all the forum posts about the tearing issue. it wont render anything unusable, but it will be vaguely irritating in some fast moving games/scenes unless they fix it.

Back