Hands Up If You Are A Developer And Don't Care About Paint.

torpor

hack hack hack, the little machines fight back
Website
w1xer.at
I am a developer. I primarily want my Pandoras (ordered two) so that I can develop software for it. I do not care if it looks pretty - the only thing that matters is that the hardware works and that there will be future users.

So: Hands up if you just want OPT to ship the Pandoras to those who are developers, waiting for real working hardware .. paintless, but working.

Willing to wait 3 more days for better painting -> see Mwestons post.
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/52935-new-blog-post/page__st__75

Last edited by a moderator:
*raises right hand up*

hands-up.png

Attachments

• hands-up.png
    hands-up.png
    191 KB · Views: 123
I have waited years for this, I paid lots of money and I'm doing final exams anyway for some more time.
- I don't really care when I get it. I'm pissed off about it, but I don't care.

I'd just assume that asking every customer wether they want their device now or in a few days with better quality most people would go with the better quality as the forum represents only a small portion of the customers. Besides this, it would add lots of paper work and probably more delays.

If you just want to develop go ahead - there are enough ways to work on your pandora applications right now. Let it be a bb (which you have afaik) or one of its clones or a software solution (compiling for your desktop or emulation).

I would like the nice finish to the case, if it only adds 2 or 3 days to the delivery date, who gives a fook?

Obviously, this constant back and forthing is annoying but it's great to see people cancelling their orders as it bumps me up the list!

All my 4 are up. OK, putting legs down. Both hand form my Pandora ASAP!
Actually, I like it rather without painting. Why paint black on black? If I like, I can paint it myself, and rather to tone of dark blue.
Miner49er: HA! Don't count me for cancel :) And You are right - 2 to 3 days doesn't matter, but I'm afraid about bigger delay.

torpor said:
I am a developer. I primarily want my Pandoras (ordered two) so that I can develop software for it. I do not care if it looks pretty - the only thing that matters is that the hardware works and that there will be future users.

So: Hands up if you just want OPT to ship the Pandoras to those who are developers, waiting for real working hardware .. paintless, but working.

gotta say that I didn't disagree on anything I read from you here. I couldn't care less about looks. If it works (including buttons), give it to me. I would have been happy with EDs prototype I'm holding in my avatar. Well, with fixed Wifi, that is.

borgqueenx said:
if we can win 3 days by not doing the paint, i would go for it.
I want my pandora as soon as possible.

if paint was only 3days I'dd say go for it, but since it will take the regular two month i don't want some stinking paint on my baby...

*Hand Up* - Dev here. No paint please. I was willing to take a Pandora with broken Wifi. Please for the love of all that is Holy, good, and just in the world - skip the paint job. Sell painted cases after-market for extra cash.

I can take a few days more, but if it has any (within a realistic margin of error) possibility of adding more than two weeks, skip it.

B-ZaR said:
I can take a few days more, but if it has any (within a realistic margin of error) possibility of adding more than two weeks, skip it.

I can't remember anythin that happened and took less than two weeks.

Balzac2m said:
B-ZaR said:

I can't remember anythin that happened and took less than two weeks.

Funny memory you have there. Do you actually forget things that take less, or does your mind round every duration up to at least two weeks :p

Seriously, regarding this project, neither do I. But I'm ever so hopeful :)

Back