Happy Halloween!

Halloween...
The only time in the year I may enter the streets and I don't look to much out of place :p

Reactions: rSl
As always I'm not invited anywhere, so

happy-everything-1-copy-1024x819.jpg

It's the time of the year where kids are at their most savage. They about to run your house, take all your candy, your shoelaces, and your video game controllers. They'll do you like Kevin did James in Vacation.

You think little Timmy is walking down the street looking like a bank robber for no reason?! It's a new moon today, people, which means it's gonna be pitch black where street lights don't shine. So not only will you not see them coming if you wander too far away from a light source, but also, even when you inevitably see them a second too late, you will never know if it was little Timmy, Jimmy, or Bimmy that got you. The only thing you'll know is that a creature of Halloween wearing a Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump mask had a thick branch, that branch made solid contact with both of your shins, and anything on your person that contained even an iota of fructose or dextrose or aspartame was expropriated.

The next day, you'll see little Timmy walking home from school, waving at you as he passes by, smiling. It's as if nothing happened.

Outside of Independence Day, I don't much care for holidays, tbh.

This isn't the old thread. :(

I wanted to watch the documentaries that have historically been shown around this time of the year. Since there weren't any when I checked yesterday I set up the DVR to record a bunch of movies, and I have been watching those (in a pitch black house, because my candy is MINE! (actually, the only candy we have are a couple pieces of high percentage chocolate that must kiss wouldn't want...still, MINE!)). I have also been reading horror stories all month.

This is one of the few widely celebrated holidays I like. Even if I am not fond of how it is currently "celebrated" in my country, I do appreciate the documentaries and movies I enjoy all being shown. For me, all year is like Halloween. :p

Ate loads of sweets, got a load more with me at work today, so that's good

If not for this thread Halloween would have gone by completely unnoticed.

Why do we have to import every last nonsense from the U.S.?
Oh, right... commerce, that old cancerous growth.

America got it from Irish/Scottish originally, was an old thing around these shores before, I think was homeless beggars originally knocking on doors and accepting treats [food] for them offering their prayers to those who gave treats.
Lanterns were turnips though, and when the Irish and Scottish first went overseas to America ... they took that tradition with them, and it carried on over there.
Except they used pumpkins, as I guess were more common than turnips over there.

Was sort of listening to something about this on the radio the other day, was driving, but was trying to listen to it too

I think you right though in that the whole commercial side of it, probably came from America having adopted it

If not for this thread Halloween would have gone by completely unnoticed.

Why do we have to import every last nonsense from the U.S.?
Oh, right... commerce, that old cancerous growth.

hahaha this forum is so fucking edgy I love it.

Back