Has Everyone Received Their Pre-Orders?

DRED

Still Fresh
I come to this forum from time to time to see if everybody got their pandora. It still amazes me that after 1 or 2 years people were still waiting. I can not tell if everybody got theirs yet who ordered that long ago.

Not everybody has but many have. There was major problems at the board factory. Basically, they promised they would do 500 boards per week. They maxed out at 500 in a month, and that was almost a year ago.
EvilDragon is currently in the middle of transferring the parts from the company in Texas to a company in Germany. The company in Germany comes highly recommended and is only 40 (or so? Maybe it was 80?) miles away from him so he can easily make regular trips to the factory and oversee things and see to it that they don't make false promises.
The current plan has the beta board complete by end of this month or early December with full production through January and February. In theory, people should start receiving them again in a month or two.

Let me understand this, there are people from the pre-order of 2 years ago who still have not received their pandora yet? :lol:

That's what I said, yeah. It's very difficult to deliver a product when your supplier fails to deliver key parts as promised.

WizardStan said:
That's what I said, yeah. It's very difficult to deliver a product when your supplier fails to deliver key parts as promised.
If that only was the whole truth... There have been no shortage of units to people willing to pay a premium price, as far as i know. And with supply being limited, there is no way those sales haven't made first batchers have to wait longer...
B!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr B said:
If that only was the whole truth... There have been no shortage of units to people willing to pay a premium price, as far as i know. And with supply being limited, there is no way those sales haven't made first batchers have to wait longer...
According to ED, premiums account for about 100 units.

The number isn't really the point, the whole concept is. Another 100 units from the first batch would have been delivered if this concept had never been conceived. If i had an order, by the time they announced that they would sell units for near instant delivery at a premium, i'd cancel. It's just no way to treat a loyal, and supporting member of a community. It's a blood back-stab.
B!

If EvilDragon is to be believed, they were on the verge of having to give up completely. The $50'000 influx allowed them to keep going. If they hadn't sold those premiums there wouldn't be any more at all. In one case you get your Pandora later, in the other you don't get it at all. Does it suck that they had to do this? Yes. Did they make a lot of mistakes through development? Absolutely. The important thing is that they're learning from their mistakes and doing their best to get everyone what they paid for.

Even without the premium units, Craig's shop is still lacking funds to a point where he can't refund pre-orderers their money.

WizardStan said:
The important thing is that they're learning from their mistakes and doing their best to get everyone what they paid for.

Like keeping their customers in the loop of what going on when the Credit Card problem happen originally, they where they blame the bank. Yet because they didn't read the fine print they had to refund people money. These same rules applies with PayPal, Google checkout, yet they still tried them.. they seem to learn well.

How about them using time to get iControlPad working, which often in business world is money, taken from the Pandora project, yeah!

DaMummy said:
Even without the premium units, Craig's shop is still lacking funds to a point where he can't refund pre-orderers their money.

I am interested, where did he state so?
Because legally he is not allowed to decline you a refund.

I get the sense that some of the companies OpenPandora has been dealing with have been like the guy on the left here:

531.strip.gif

Back