Have you tried this? Speed Run Super Mario World Glitch

Once I played Last Hope, I died and was in god mode after that. Nobody could ever tell me about a god mode cheat in that game.

Ha! Will have to try that myself, not sure what's triggering that though, but I'll try just copy his play best I can :)

Imagine if you done that on your first ever go playing it

Heh. But seriously - Finding stuff like that must be done by some sort of reverse engineering, right? Finding a corner case in the code and then try to exploit it?

I found a ton of glitches in Cave Story for Wii and 3Ds...which was kind of a disappointment for me. In the Hidden Temple of La-Mulana I got stuck in the wall all of a sudden and had to start over, that kind of sucked. Several times I killed certain bosses at the same time they killed me in some games and it can cause all sorts of crazy things to happen. In fact, if you watch the last few minutes of this video, you will see my brother captured an instance, by mistake, were he killed a boss at the same time he died. Enjoy :) (watch it! It is quite funny actually)

http://youtu.be/ytqhM7s6_0Q?t=9m30s

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ytqhM7s6_0Q?feature=oembed
Ha yeah! That would make for a very short game :) I would be quite surprised and think my game was broken if it was me back in 1994.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a ton of glitches in Cave Story for Wii and 3Ds...which was kind of a disappointment for me. In the Hidden Temple of La-Mulana I got stuck in the wall all of a sudden and had to start over, that kind of sucked. Several times I killed certain bosses at the same time they killed me in some games and it can cause all sorts of crazy things to happen. In fact, if you watch the last few minutes of this video, you will see my brother captured an instance, by mistake, were he killed a boss at the same time he died. Enjoy :) (watch it! It is quite funny actually)

http://youtu.be/ytqhM7s6_0Q?t=9m30s

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ytqhM7s6_0Q?feature=oembed

Yeah that was a fan made version of Mega Man. There are many glitches I have encountered, I just wish I documented some of them. Glitches can be fun, but they can also be annoying. Do you guys remember the Missingno. glitch from pokemon? That one was extremely popular. I was in fourth grade. It also spawned a lot of Myths as well. I think the Missingno. glitch is considered the most popular glitch in US popular culture.

Missingno.png

Missingno_Trophy_by_mewtwo64_if_we_could_have_pokemon_good_or_evil-s580x446-67062-580.png

To add more of what I stated earlier, when I caught the glitch it caused my game to very very obscure things. It happened slowly too and creeped me out a bit as only a 9 year old. I still have the original game and maybe I can send some pictures. But anyways the main thing I remember is the glitched called all the enemy Pokemon to flip their sprites so they are all reverse and it always caused them to miss me, giving them a very low accuracy (I think that was just luck and not the fact that their sprites were shown in reverse). When you used gameshark codes, it allowed you to rebattle gym leaders and even battle Prof. Oak. Other things that would happen after I caught Missingno. was the map textures would glitch, text wouldn't make sense anymore, hall of fame showed pokemon I did not use to win, and the title screen was a bit jacked up. Missingno. was known to some as a virus pokemon. Interesting stuff. Enjoy :)

I  found one in Mortal Kombat Ultimate for SNES. (I still undust my super NES from time to time) Well I was playing as Sub-zero against my friend who was using scorpion, if im not mistaken. So, I froze him in the air and gave him an upper cut and when he unfroze he couln't move but I coulnt hurt him either and then the time went up and he won. it was very dumb! haha.

But I'm not sure why it happened. At first I assumed that maybe the cartdridge was way too old or something and therefore it would explain why it wasn't working as intended, because I didn't do anything unusual LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Di1VnXupwY

I  found one in Mortal Kombat Ultimate for SNES. (I still undust my super NES from time to time) Well I was playing as Sub-zero against my friend who was using scorpion, if im not mistaken. So, I froze him in the air and gave him an upper cut and when he unfroze he couln't move but I coulnt hurt him either and then the time went up and he won. it was very dumb! haha.

But I'm not sure why it happened. At first I assumed that maybe the cartdridge was way too old or something and therefore it would explain why it wasn't working as intended, because I didn't do anything unusual LOL.
Is that the video of you two playing? Interesting video btw. It was quite entertaining. :)

Missingno_Trophy_by_mewtwo64_if_we_could_have_pokemon_good_or_evil-s580x446-67062-580.png

To add more of what I stated earlier, when I caught the glitch it caused my game to very very obscure things. It happened slowly too and creeped me out a bit as only a 9 year old. I still have the original game and maybe I can send some pictures. But anyways the main thing I remember is the glitched called all the enemy Pokemon to flip their sprites so they are all reverse and it always caused them to miss me, giving them a very low accuracy (I think that was just luck and not the fact that their sprites were shown in reverse). When you used gameshark codes, it allowed you to rebattle gym leaders and even battle Prof. Oak. Other things that would happen after I caught Missingno. was the map textures would glitch, text wouldn't make sense anymore, hall of fame showed pokemon I did not use to win, and the title screen was a bit jacked up. Missingno. was known to some as a virus pokemon. Interesting stuff. Enjoy :)
Yes I loved doing the missingno. glitch as you could use the same glitch to duplicate items...

The only permanent defect it would cause was the hall of fame being completely broken. I did try and transfer it to Pokemon Stadium, but it wouldn't let you. I kind of wished Nintendo would have let you keep the Pokemon or add it as an official Pokemon in later games... but whatever.

Yes I loved doing the missingno. glitch as you could use the same glitch to duplicate items... The only permanent defect it would cause was the hall of fame being completely broken. I did try and transfer it to Pokemon Stadium, but it wouldn't let you. I kind of wished Nintendo would have let you keep the Pokemon or add it as an official Pokemon in later games... but whatever.
During the time when I was like 9 or 10 I was very afraid of Missingno. I remember it was either very weak or insanely strong. Through rumors (and there was a lot during this time with the internet not being so commonly used) I was told you could lose your file if you lose to it so I got scared. I know now it isn't true. Another thing that would pop up on me while searching for Missingno. was like a super strong Snorlax and it would wipe me out. It was strange to find him in the water but a lot of weird things popped up when I was surfing for Missingno.

Back