Pandora Haxe NME Pandora target

cobrajs

Still Fresh
So first a bit of background. There's this language called Haxe (http://haxe.org/) and a framework library for Haxe called NME (http://www.haxenme.org/). Haxe is a language that can compile to "JavaScript, Flash, NekoVM, PHP, C++, C# and Java" (from the Haxe site), and NME can use that to target "iOS, Android, webOS, BlackBerry, Windows, Mac, Linux and Flash Player" (from the NME site).

I was curious to see how hard it would be to get it running on Pandora, and it ended up being fairly easy. Right now, I can have my project, and run "nme build Project.nmml pandora" and it will generate a PND, and run "nme build Project.nmml android" and it will generate an APK.

I ran into a bit of a problem though. It tries to use SDL with OpenGL for rendering, but I couldn't manage to get it working with OpenGLES. So it's a little slow for more complicated apps currently. If someone's interested in getting that working, that'd be great.

Here's my thread on the NME forum where I was getting help getting the target set up. They said they'll add it in once I get everything working, so hopefully this will enter into the SVN repo soon.

Wow, that's pretty interesting.

It makes game creation for both Pandora and other devices better :)

A very good news for Pandora.

Now i wait for the first game playable on our Pandora

If it works with iOS and Android, it must already support GLES (as I understand it?)

There's also an unfinished target to support the GPH Canoo, so there should be some way to get GLES working... I just couldn't figure it out, and no one has responded on the NME forums yet.

Haxe/NME seems to be very interesting ^^

Even if there is an Open GL problem in your port, it's still very interesting for classic 2D games...Perhaps you could publish your work, or at least a tutorial on how to setup nme to compile for pandora...I would be very curious to compile the nme example and see them running on pandora...! And perhaps think about writing a game with this :)

I've discovered recently haxe nme during Mojam, while I was watching Grapefrukt channel.

Could you share your work with me, I'd like to get it fully working.

Thanks.

(left you a message on the NME forum too ;) )

I'd like to help fix this, will have a look.  I'm forgetful so please remind me :)

Back