Hello, From Melbourne Australia

Nycran

Still Fresh
Hi all, just thought I'd introduce myself. My name's Andy Chapman, I'm from Melbourne, Australia. It's my birthday tomorrow and I have a shiny new gp2x ready to unwrap :D

I'm looking forward to trying out the native games as well as installing every emulator that exists for it!

If anyone has some tips for newbies that would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Andy.

Welcomed shall you be. Hope you enjoy every moment of your GP2X brother! I do.

Use rechargeable batteries.
AVOID firmware upgrade on batteries.
Get a SD card with enough space for your needs (or two).

And eeeeh...
Always affirm "that's a PSP".

virusx said:
Always affirm "that's a PSP".
Ha! I can well imagine the troubled looks on the faces of many when you try and explain that it's actually a funky linux box <_<

Thanks guys. I have my rechargeable batteries, I have the new uber pack that comes with Vectar and some other goodies, I have some links... all i need is my present! Gimme gimme gimme!

Last edited by a moderator:
AndyC said:
Hi all, just thought I'd introduce myself. My name's Andy Chapman, I'm from Melbourne, Australia. It's my birthday tomorrow and I have a shiny new gp2x ready to unwrap :D
yo. I'm from melbourne.. just not living there right now :)

-df

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Andy,

Welcome to the community, I'm also from Melbourne (This is growing fast by the look of things).

Enjoy the Gp2x, it's great!

ChaPPy

Hello Andy welcome to my second home, word of caution try your best not to drop your GP2X or stick inside your jacket with short pockets, bang-it up a few times & the pattery pin could break.

I recommend gmenu2x or for the fancier gmp2x.

Stay in school & dont do drugs

Hey Andy, welcome to the community and happy birthday to you and to shinneri :)
My only advice to you is: Enjoy!!!

Thanks Everyone - what a warm welcome! :D

I unwrapped the GP2X yesterday and have been playing it at every opportunity ever since! Vectar has been my favourite of the *native* apps so far, and I've started having fun with the Atari 2600 emulator - how retro is that!!! What a seriously cool device this thing is!

If anyone has recommendations as to what games to try, I'm all ears.

As to moving to Queensland, actually, my wife and I are thinking of moving to Van Couver for a year of so just to experience something different. <_<

Back