Help Amstrad Emulator Won Play My Cpr Game Files

cleo2525

Still Fresh
hey guys have received my f200 yesturday and am very pleased with it, i have just put on both cap32-v1.3.0-bin and CapriceGP2x-WIP7

i have a cd with every amstrad game ever made on but they are cpr files (think cartridge)

i cant get them to work with either emulator can anyone help me please

many thanks

.CPR files are CPC+ images IIRC, and not supported by Caprice. I'm not sure if there's an emulator on the 2x which supports them - if not, you'll have to find another source of images :(

Cant you just try some at a different format ? Dont know enough about the Amstrad but if i use a Speccy emulator which doesnt use .tzx files i just try different ones such as .tap or .sna.

Probably the same with the Amstrad one, if .cpr files dont work try the other formats. Seen screenshots of a ton of games working on the Amstrad emulator for the GP2X so just download some of those.

You can normally get a 200 meg torrent with all the Amstrad games in a right format etc

cleo2525 said:
hi not sure what im looking for on ur site.

is there no way to play cpr files just i can on my pc

many thanks

Caprice32 Doesn't support cpr files. As it has been said, you can find games in other format (such as dsk or sna format).

Last edited by a moderator:
tis ok have sorted it have just deleted the .cpr and put dsk and it works

many thanks

zx-81 said:
cleo2525 said:
hi not sure what im looking for on ur site.

is there no way to play cpr files just i can on my pc

many thanks

Caprice32 Doesn't support cpr files. As it has been said, you can find games in other format (such as dsk or sna format).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back