Help! Broken Touchscreen After A Hit

asimov-solensan

Very Active Member
Great, I can't belive my bad luck, today I was on a bar and left my bag with the pandora on the stool meanwhile I was checking my wallet and the bag fell. It wasn't much high, more or less 1 meter but the console has been hit just on the corner, more preciseley on the R button, as hard as being capable of let half button inside the housing.

Ok, I could loosen the nearest screw and put the button on his original position, it seemed that no damage was made, the button worked and the feeling was the same as before the hit, but then I tried to use the touchscreen and it was unresponsive.

The first I tried was to calibrate the touchscreen but it is no use, no metter how hard I try to click the cross it does nothing. In fact the only reaction of the touchscreen is to send the cursor directly to the left border when I press the screen with noticeable force and it happens randomly.

Step two, the only thing I sould thing after that was to reinstall the firmware but it's the same.

Any ideas aside send back my pandora tu UK?(in fact it has to be done because the LCD cable was deffective).

Maybe the casing is warped and pressing against the touchscreen? Or something is loged in the touchscreen?

Other than that I think send it back...

Sorry to hear that, I had a couple of falls with mine though never from a barstool and she survived. Hope you get it sorted.

I have been trying to pressing the screen bezel and touching the screen at same time and there is no response. Sometimes I'm able to send the cursor to the left edge of the screen but then it doesen't move from there.

I will try to send it today, but I'm fearing that I wont see it until "two months", the good news is that the LCD cable needed to be fixed before all this, the screen was still working but sooner or later I should have sent it to be repaired.

asimov-solensan said:
I have been trying to pressing the screen bezel and touching the screen at same time and there is no response. Sometimes I'm able to send the cursor to the left edge of the screen but then it doesen't move from there.

I will try to send it today, but I'm fearing that I wont see it until "two months", the good news is that the LCD cable needed to be fixed before all this, the screen was still working but sooner or later I should have sent it to be repaired.
If the earlier screen problem was due to a badly fitting LCD cable then the fall may have made the bad connection even worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just recalled that when my first panda got the PTOD I lost useage of the touchscreen when I tried to calibrate it, so I advise against that if anyone has the PTOD. Has anyone else experienced that?

Chaser said:
I just recalled that when my first panda got the PTOD I lost useage of the touchscreen when I tried to calibrate it, so I advise against that if anyone has the PTOD. Has anyone else experienced that?

<3 at using my phrase!

On topic: Yes, when my Pandora had the PTOD my touchscreen went nuts. Perhaps the screen signal and touchscreen ribbons are nearby, fed up the same way or in the same cable?

Last edited by a moderator:
I will get my pandora this monday, and they didn't charged my for the touchscreen, wich means that it was related to LCD cable. Or maybe they forget to repair it, I will know tomorrow.

Back