Help Me Burn A Movie For Viewing Via Dreamcast!

Octavious

Programer Guru! ...in the making
Website
www.retroportables.4x2.net
well, heres the deal
I have some movies , and I have been encoding my ass off trying to find settings for a GPCinema settings page off off my web site..
anyways, I got frigin board of doing GP32 things and I need a break bad!
so, I want to encode some movies for the Dreamcast, my favorite system i just cant seem to get rid of... damn it, no one wants it so I have to keep it
anyways, I have a good idea for what settings to use, but can anyone help he get the avi file I have to go on a CD-R and play on the DC using DCDivx??
thx

~Octavious

but , I want to take a break from the GP32 for a little, Ive drained batteries 5 pairs in 3 days doing tests.... thx to rechargebles for saving me $$
not even to mention ho wmuch time I lost to a VD bogged down computer...
so, I want to see if the DC could be my next front of Video game contributions until I start game design and game art and coding class ( they threw in physics also in the course list lol ) in August...

my way of helping the community , along with GPFW and the community game if it ever happens

~Octavious

[no offense meant here]
Doesnt the Readme help in any way? Or are you having trouble burning the actual disc?

no, the read me I have found is not that easy to understand ( ya , Im retarted )
I can process things faster than others that they dont even understand, but sometimes I cant understand things that seem to be simple to others
( calculus really fucked with me some times .... )

someone from another forum I am in sujested I use DCDivx For Dummies , a set of files that you put your movie in a folder with a " dummy file " ( << WTF?? ) and then click on the makeneroimg.bat file, makes a nero image , then I burned it with nero 6 ultra ( bro wasted a lot of money on it , might as well borrow it from him he he )

HELP . It dont work , im dumb , I know , but I would like to fix this problem

thx

~Octavious

I think the 'dummy' was basically an empty file (filled with 0s, you need a program to make them) used to fill up the rest of the CD so it doesnt wear out the laser too much... dont quote me on that though..

buy a DVD player that can play Divx / Xvid files :p

Easier and works much better :)

Back