GP32 Help! Running Program On Gp32

firefly1201

Bleh.
Website
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Having followed EvilDragons excellent tutorial, I tried to run the resulting program from Tutorial 2 (Hello World) on my GP32. As the link seemed to be broken for the executable (Here) I obtained it from the Fenix Pack Thingy here. When I put the compiled .dcb file in the folder with the same name as the .dcb and the .fxe ("hello") on a SMC and loaded up my GP32, the logo was the logo for Street Fighter 2 Pong and it claimed that the program was Street Fighter 2 Pong. So, I loaded it and it instantly reset after some spanish error messages. What am I doing wrong?

Spanish Error Message:
HELLO.dcb: no es un DCB version 2 o comp... (The rest is presumably off screen)

I think I know what's going wrong. One of the links in Evildragon's tutorial says one thing, but when you click it, it actually links to something else, you have to type the written link in manually, to get the right file.

I don't remember which link it is, but if you wait for the tool tips, you'll see which one it is.

devlkore posted on Apr 7 2005 at 10:04 PM said:
I think I know what's going wrong. One of the links in Evildragon's tutorial says one thing, but when you click it, it actually links to something else, you have to type the written link in manually, to get the right file.

I don't remember which link it is, but if you wait for the tool tips, you'll see which one it is.

Huh? I thought I fixed this as soon as somebody mentioned it?!

Gotta check it again...

BTW: The above link works again.
If you encounter any dead links at gp32x.de, just click the Report Dead Links button and it will be fixed asap (which often is about max 60 minutes).

Last edited:
The no es un DCB version blabla means that the program is compiled with another version than the one you try to run it with. If you are running on the Gp32 it MUST be compiled with the special cvs rip FXC to work, none of the version on the official site/flamingbird will compile compatible dcb's.

I got the same error now when I`m trying to testrun a new minigame I`m currently loading, it`s very strange.

I didn`t change anything at my Flamebird settings, and every other prg I compile gives me no error when I`m running it on my gp32...

Also strange is this: I copy the files onto my smc und test the dcb from there on WinXP. It runs like it should. Then I try it on the gp32, I get the above error message. When I try to run it after that again with my cardreader in WinXP, I get the same error.
WTF is this?

Back