Help! Water Got Behind My Screen.

It's dry now. I left it near a hair dryer running cool and low for six hours. Unfortunately I noticed how cheap the LCD was. I can see the uneven lighting and blotches that darken the screen. At least it doesn't distract from games. :D

HeWhoCorrupts said:
Leave it to dry and do not turn it on until you are positive it is dry. If it works... It works... I had a WiiMote go through the washing machine and I left it in the sun then left it alone for a couple of days, it was fine.

lol - I just have to ask, how did you end up getting a Wii mote in the washer?

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I blame the Sports Resort packaging for looking like a box of front-loading washer detergent.

Qw76i.jpg

Gruso said:
^ I blame the Sports Resort packaging for looking like a box of front-loading washer detergent.

Qw76i.jpg

I always thought that box looked like a washing machine!

ganryu said:
HeWhoCorrupts said:
Leave it to dry and do not turn it on until you are positive it is dry. If it works... It works... I had a WiiMote go through the washing machine and I left it in the sun then left it alone for a couple of days, it was fine.

lol - I just have to ask, how did you end up getting a Wii mote in the washer?

It was in a pocket of some shorts sometimes I would pocket it while playing if I left the tv to do something, and... I don't know how it went unnoticed I always check for my wallet and phone, but I guess who would think to check for a Wiimote... When it worked after the drying I laughed my ass off and remembered when my buddy lost his original gameboy back in the day and found it after winter... It still worked after being in the snow for who knows how long. Nintendo made some durable product, too bad they don't make the kind of games they used to.

Another solution by the way is to place the unit in a bowl of rice. The rice then draws all the moisture out of the console.

UPDATE: the screen darkening blotches are gone, but the screen is still as cheap as it was originally. :)

Back